The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“The translucent concrete market is projected to register a CAGR of 80.0% during the forecast period.”
The translucent concrete market is projected to grow at a significant rate. The increasing demand for building energy-efficient buildings is driving the growth of the translucent concrete industry. The translucent concrete has the ability to pass light through it. It consists of optical elements such as optical fibers, glass rods, and resins that offer the light-transmitting property to the translucent concretes. The growing urbanization, the increasing spending power, demand for aesthetical and decorative buildings, and need for energy conservation has driven the market for translucent concretes.
“Optical elements is the fastest-growing raw material of translucent concrete, in terms of value.”
The translucent concrete is made of two raw materials, namely concrete and optical elements. Translucent concrete is approximately composed of 96% concrete and 4% optical elements. The optical elements can be combined easily with concrete. The optical element, is the key raw material used in the manufacturing of translucent concretes without which the main characteristic of transparency is not achieved. The optical elements have the capability to illuminate in the presence of natural as well as artificial light.
“Flooring is the fastest-growing application of translucent concrete, in terms of value.”
The flooring application covers usage of translucent concrete for residential floorings, commercial building floorings, restaurant floorings, staircases, and highway construction, among others. The translucent concrete, when used in flooring applications, helps in enhancing the aesthetical look. For instance, the translucent concrete blocks when used in floors, it looks like normal concrete blocks in the daytime, however, due to an artificial illumination beneath the blocks, it shines in different colors in the dark. The use of translucent concrete blocks in flooring applications of residential floorings, commercial building floorings, restaurant floorings, staircases, mainly meets aesthetical requirements of construction.
“Construction & Infrastructure is the fastest-growing end-use industry of translucent concrete, in terms of value.”
The translucent concrete has the ability to pass light through it. It consists of optical elements such as optical fibers, glass rods, and resins that offer the light-transmitting property to the translucent concretes. The growing urbanization, the increasing spending power, demand for aesthetical and decorative buildings, and need for energy conservation has increased the application for translucent concretes in construction & infrastructure industry.
“MEA is the largest, and APAC is the fastest-growing translucent concrete market.”
MEA is the largest region in the translucent concrete market due to the high demand for the material in the construction sector. The construction industry in the area is growing at a considerable pace. The increased government spending on construction projects is a major factor supporting the growth of construction industry in the region. UAE, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Irans will drive most of the region’s construction activity.
APAC is projected to register the highest CAGR in terms of value and volume in the global translucent concrete market during the forecast period. The demand for translucent concrete in APAC would grow owing to increasing use in roadways. The translucent concrete would be used beneath solar panels on the highway and would use natural sunlight for illumination of roads, thereby providing road safety.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts, globally. These primary sources have been divided into the following three categories:
- By Company Type- Tier 1- 40%, Tier 2- 33%, and Tier 3- 27%
- By Designation- C Level- 50%, Director Level- 20%, and Others- 30%
- By Region- North America- 20%, Europe- 50%, APAC- 15%, MEA-10%, Latin America-5%
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of company profiles listed below:
- Litracon Ltd (Hungary),
- LUCEM GmbH (Germany)
- Dupont Lightstone (Denmark)
- CRE Panel GmbH (Austria)
- LCT GesmbH (Austria)
- Italcementi SpA (Italy)
- Pan-United Corporation Ltd (Singapore)
- Beton Broz (Czech Republic)
- Glass block technology limited (UK)
- Florack Bauunternehmung GmBH (Germany)
This report covers the global translucent concrete market and forecasts the market size until 2024. The report includes the market segmentation – Raw Material (Concrete, Optical Elements), Application (Facades & Wall Cladding, Flooring, Others), End-use Industry (Construction & Infrastructure, Others), and region (Europe, North America, APAC, Latin America, and MEA). Porter’s Five Forces analysis, along with the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges are discussed in the report. It also provides company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the major players in the global translucent concrete market.
Key benefits of buying the report:
The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the global translucent concrete market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenues for the overall market and the sub-segments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the translucent concrete market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to understand competitors better and gain more insights to better their position in their businesses. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem, new product development, agreement, and acquisitions.
- The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market by providing them with the closest approximations of the revenues for the overall translucent concrete market and the sub-segments.
- This report will help stakeholders to understand the competitive landscape and gain more insights and position their businesses and market strategies in a better way.
- The report will also help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.