Rise in disposable income and a greater awareness of functional products and ingredients, growth of the functional foods market in emerging countries is set to outpace that in developed countries. The growth of the population in China, India, Brazil and other developing countries, as well as an increasing middle class will largely contribute in the development of the health & wellness industry in regional markets, which consequently will trigger for the growth of the functional foods market. The regions of Asia-Pacific and South America offer good opportunities for the manufacturers of functional foods. In order to stay abreast in the market, companies need to innovate and appeal to the most recent consumer trends. “Superfoods” is one of these trends that will gain momentum during the forecast period.
Nearly 90% of American parents said that they buy functional foods or drinks for their children. Among numerous concerns, immunity is on the top of the list, followed by other issues such as cognitive development, digestive health, and vision. As a result, food companies are tapping this requirement by developing functional foods for kids that naturally promote heart health, healthy joints, and normal body weight for a healthy adult life.
However, supporting evidence-based health claims have become more challenging as regulators seek science behind claim specifications. For example, the FDA has published two guidance papers “Distinguishing Liquid Dietary Supplements from Beverages” and “Considerations Regarding Substances Added to Foods, Including Beverages and Dietary Supplements”. Both guidance papers aim to provide clarity on the labelling, packaging, composition, serving, size, recommended daily intake and the directions of use of supplements. The quality of functional foods continues to be of critical importance. For example, China has captured approximately 90% of the Vitamin C market in the US, and Chinese food safety has always been a concern. Moreover, the production areas of vitamins are one of the most polluted areas in China.
How this report will benefit you
Read on to discover how you can exploit the future business opportunities emerging in the functional foods sector.
In this brand-new report, you will receive 217 in-depth tables, charts and graphs– all unavailable elsewhere.
The 206-page report provides clear detailed insight into the global functional foods market. It reveals the key drivers and challenges affecting the market.
By ordering and reading our brand-new report today you will be better informed and ready to act.
Global functional foods market forecasts from 2020-2030
Regional functional foods market forecasts from 2020-2030 covering
- North America
- South America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East and Africa
Country level functional foods forecasts from 2020-2030 covering
- Australia & New Zealand
- Functional Dairy
- Functional Bakery & Cereal
- Functional Baby Food
- Functional Fats & Oils
- Functional Meat, Fish & Eggs
- Other Functional Foods
- Abbott Laboratories
- Dean Foods
- General Mills
- Glanbia plc
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Orkla Group
- Raisio Group
- Royal FrieslandCampina N.V.
- This report will keep your functional foods knowledge base up to speed. Don’t get left behind
- This report will reinforce strategic decision decision-making based upon definitive and reliable market data
- You will learn how to exploit new functional foods technological trends
- You will be able to realise your company’s full potential within the market
- You will better understand the competitive landscape and identify potential new business opportunities & partnerships
- Anyone within the food industry & value chain
- Food manufacturers
- Ingredients suppliers
- Manufacturers of functional food
- Manufacturers of functional ingredients
- Manufacturers of free-from food
- Manufacturers of organic food
- Manufacturers of superfoods
- Health & wellness food distribution companies
- Healthy food distributors and manufacturers
- Food marketing and business analysis departments
- Investment analysts
- Investment consultancies
- Food industry investors
- Food market consultancy
- Governmental departments & agencies
- New product development (NPD) managers & Specialists
- Food buyers
- Clean-label food manufacturers
- Business development managers
- Marketing managers
- Food industry associations