Global low-calorie sweetener market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.45% during the forecast period 2020 – 2025.
- Increasing sales of organic foods and beverages containing sugar and the increasing penetration of the retail market for low calorie sugar supports its growth. North America dominates the global low calorie sugar market, accounting for significant market share, followed by Europe.
- The increasing concerns regarding clean label solutions, and the complex regulatory structure in EU and United States may impede the low-calorie sweetener market growth, product innovation and growing demand for low-caloric sweeteners would help the market grow further during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Fructose in Food and Beverage Industry
Crystalline fructose is widely used as a sweetener in food and beverage. As a natural sweetener, crystalline fructose can be used in a wide variety of industries, including food production, beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and various other industries. Primary applications for crystalline fructose include dry mix beverages, low calorie products, enhanced or flavored water, still and carbonated beverages, sports and energy drinks, chocolate milk, breakfast cereals, baked goods, yogurt, fruit packs, and confections. Common food and drinks, which contain crystalline fructose, include powdered beverages that require water, low-calorie food options, flavored or flavor enhanced water, carbonated sodas and drinks, energy and sports drinks, chocolate flavored milk, cereals and oatmeal, yogurts, and baked goods.
North America Dominates the Market
Low-calorie sweeteners market is segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and South America, and Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America is estimated to retain its dominance during the forecast period 2019-2024. The increasing consumer awareness and the demand for convenience food are some of the major factors for the growing use of natural low-calorie sweeteners-based products in the North American market. However, Asia Pacific region is estimated to witness a significant growth in the global low-calorie sweeteners market during the forecast period 2019-2024. Moreover, the major importers of low calorie sweeteners includes Mexico, Germany, Philippines, the United Kingdom, and France.
The global low-calorie sweetener market is competitive with presence of many international and domestic players. Tate and Lyle, ADM and Dupont hold a dominant share in the global Low-Calorie Sweeteners market. Key players in the market form joint-ventures and partnerships with small and regional publishers to gain higher market shares.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support