The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The market for water treatment chemicals in Europe is expected to grow at a CAGR of above 4% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the consumption of water treatment chemicals is the stringent regulations to produce and dispose wastewater. On the flipside, hazardous nature of hydrazine is a major restraining factor of the market studied.
- Shifting focus towards green chemicals is likely to offer a major growth opportunity for the market studied in the coming years.
- Among the end-user industries, power generation accounts for the major market share and is expected to maintain its position during the forecast period.
- Among the European countries, Germany accounts for the major market share currently and is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Power Generation Industry to Dominate the Market
- Power generation industry is currently occupying the major share of the Europe water treatment chemicals market. The electric power generation industry is one of the major sources of industrial wastewater.
- Their wastewater contains significant levels of toxic metal impurities, such as lead, mercury, arsenic, chromium, and cadmium, among others. These impurities can cause significant damage to environment, if not treated properly.
- In Europe countries like Germany, France, and the United Kingdom have high demand for electricity. The consistently growing demand for electricity is likely boost the consumption of water treatment chemicals by the power generation industry.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, power generation industry is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Germany to Dominate the Market
- Germany accounts for the major share of the Europe water treatment chemicals market currently owing to the high demand from end-user industries.
- Environmental protection and human health are considered extremely important in Germany. This importance has led to efficient water and wastewater treatment methods, and nearly 100% wastewater in Germany is treated to meet the highest standards set by the European Union.
- Germany however still has areas where the groundwater quality needs drastic improvement and phosphorous pollution caused due to agricultural land use is becoming a menace to water bodies. There is, however, a collective effort from the part of farmers and utilities to curb this problem, and this presents a good opportunity for water treatment chemicals market to grow.
- Germany has well established industries such as food & beverages, chemicals manufacturing, power plants. This will, in turn, increase the usage of water treatment chemicals in different manufacturing steps, boiler water treatment, cooling water treatment etc.
- Thus, owing to the above-mentioned factors, Germany is likely to dominate the Europe water treatment chemicals market during the forecast period.
The Europe water treatment chemicals market is moderately consolidated with major players accounting for majority of the market. Some of the major players of the market include Ecolab, Solenis, Kemira, Suez, and Kurita Water Industries Ltd., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support