The Global Feed Yeast Market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period (2020-2025). Yeast is added to compound and home-based animal feed to aid in the digestion of the feed and to improve the gut health of the animal.
- An increase in the production and usage of compound feed and increased industrialized livestock production in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to the major factor driving the growth of the Global Feed Yeast Market over the forecast period.
- The most common yeast species used in animal feed are the various strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. The poultry segment of the market accounts for the highest market share, closely followed by swine feed.
- The incidence and the rapid spread of African Swine Fever in China have had an impact on feed production in the region and hence on the Feed Yeast Market. Since China is a major global producer and consumer of pig meat, the impact of a reduction of up to 20 million metric ton of pig meat production impacted the growth of the feed yeast market, even at a global level.
Key Market Trends
Increased Usage in Poultry Feed
In starter rations for both broilers and layers, the component of protein and energy are very high. This protein and energy-high ration come with problems related to gut health of poultry birds. The addition of yeast to poultry feed is one of the ways to improve the gut health of the animal and aid in increased feed conversion ratio, resulting in a positive impact on the meat yield. A combination of yeast and probiotics has been observed to have a maximum impact on the weight gain and productivity of broilers. This is especially true for starter rations in the young stage of the birds. While live yeast is mostly used in home-based feed, produced from corn and soybean, other forms of yeast are popular in compound feed. Poultry Feed holds the largest market share in the Global Feed Yeast Market by animal type. It has been estimated that close to 40% of the feed yeast consumption globally is accounted for, by poultry feed. With the poultry production increasing every year and with increased emphasis on productivity and weight gain of birds, the Poultry Feed Yeast Market is projected to grow at a robust pace over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Retain Sustained Growth
There has been increased emphasis on industrialization of livestock production in the Asia-Pacific region, as a result of the increasing demand for meat and meat products. There has also been increased awareness among farmers about providing optimum nutrition to farm animals. This has led to an increased usage of feed additives such as yeast for improving the productivity and health of animals. China is the largest producer of feed yeast in the region with an average annual production of 80,000 metric ton over the past three years. Considering the large production base and the increased application in young animal diets, China’s Ministry of Agriculture has changed the nomenclature of feed yeast as a "feedstuff" from the earlier designated nomenclature of "feed additive". With increased R&D expenditure by companies and governments, the market for feed yeast is expected to grow at a robust pace in the Asia-Pacific region, over the forecast period.
The Global Feed Yeast Market is fragmented with top global and regional players competing fiercely with local players to garner market share. Companies are increasingly investing in R&D infrastructure to develop continuous product development cycles. Some of the major players in the Global Feed Yeast Market include Archer Daniels Midland Company, Nutreco N.V., Alltech, Inc., Lallemand, Inc., and Leiber GmbH, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support