The global coffee roaster market is growing at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period (2019-2024).
- The market is driven by the increasing consumer demand for fresh and aromatic coffee which the roasting process provides. Also, the rising number of coffee outlets is boosting the sales of the market. Additionally, the introduction of new blends of coffee flavors by global brands and advancement in the coffee equipment technology is fueling the market growth.
- However, the major restraint of the market is the short shelf-life after the roasting process is done. As they start losing their flavor after a period. Also, wide usage of instant coffee powders barricades the market growth, as they reduce the time of roasting and grinding.
Key Market Trends
Increased Consumption of Fresh Coffee
In order to expand the presence of their brands, the leading companies are engaging in coffee innovations with value-added coffee-based RTD, flavor added coffee and many more to attract more consumers for roaster coffee. According to AJCA (All Japan Coffee Association), the weekly average number of coffee cups consumed per capita in Japan from 2014 to 2016 has increased, thus showing an increased bottled coffee consumption in Japan.
Europe Continue to Dominate The Global Market
The coffee roaster market has been thriving on the popularity of fresh, flavorful, and aromatic coffee in the European region. Also, the rising number of coffee outlets with new formulated blends of flavor in the region have been enhancing market sales. In addition, international events and shows held in the region has further fueled market growth. For instance, the World of Coffee 2019, one of Europe’s largest specialty trade shows was organized in Berlin where over 250 exhibitors from 50 countries participated, displaying the latest products and innovation in the coffee market that included coffee roasters, baristas, producers, and other professionals. Also, Europe & Middle East Coffee Symposium offered a cutting-edge networking opportunity for top executives from across the coffee shops, food-to-go and foodservice landscape.
The global market for coffee roaster is fragmented, owing to the presence of large regional and domestic players in different countries. Emphasis is given on the merger, expansion, acquisition, and partnership of the companies along with new product development as strategic approaches adopted by the leading companies to boost their brand presence among consumers. Some of the prominent players in the market include US Roaster Corp., Coffee Holding Company, Inc., Behmor, Inc., Hottop and Giesen Coffee Roasters.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support