The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global frozen bread market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Rising consumer demands for healthier bread without compromising the quality is driving the frozen bread market growth. The increasing demand for frozen bread products due to the rising preference toward convenient food and the popularity of specialty frozen bread products as it offers convenience to in-store bakeries, food service restaurants, cafes, etc by maintaining both freshness and quality of bread.
- Organic, natural, and health claim on frozen bread are the key trend influencing the market growth. Rising consumer preference for value-added, ethnic, fresh, and artisanal frozen bread are also responsible for driving the sales across the globe.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand for Ready to Bake Bakery Products
Bake-off bakery production has become one of the key targets for almost all of industrial bakers in Europe. Scratch baking is labor intensive and requires long time. Industry is shifting from traditional baking to Bake-off technologies (BOT). Three key BOT are Unfermented frozen dough (UFD), partially baked frozen bread (PBF), and Partially baked unfrozen bread (PBUF). Frozen semi-baked goods and ready-to-bake goods are also important product segments for the food industry, especially for hotels and the catering industry. Pre-proofed frozen dough is also a convenient alternative to fresh baked bread. Bakery products like bread, rolls, and bagels are majorly served as ready-to-thaw products, while croissants and pastries are available in the ready-to-bake form.
Europe Holds A Significant Market Share
The European bakery industry is leading the frozen bakery industry. The Western European frozen bakery products markets are matured and saturated, as compared to the emerging markets of Eastern Europe, which are driving the sales of biscuits and bread, in particular, owing to the high demand for convenient food products. The European frozen bakery market is well-established in terms of the supply chain, product array, distribution channels, and consumer preferences. Innovation and new product developments are gaining prominence in the indulgence category, which includes cakes, pastries, and cookies. Co-operatives and industrial baking companies are dominant in the European frozen bakery market, especially due to their ability to produce high-quality and consistent part-baked products.
The global frozen bread market is fragmented with the presence of numerous players. The key players are using growth strategies including mergers and acquisitions, expansion, new product development and partnerships to fuel market growth. There are several prominent players in this industry, such as, Lantmannen, Alpha Baking Company and Campbell Soup Company among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support