The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global whipping cream market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period 2020 - 2025.
- Whipping cream is mostly used in bakery and pastry products to provide a fluffier, softer, and creamier texture that stays for a long time.
- Whipping cream demand is growing for household food, bakery, soup, meat, ready-cooked dishes, ice cream, desserts, and at-home coffee preparations.
- The preference for natural and organic products, like organic whipping cream, is expected to support the growth of the global whipping cream market. Consumers are trying to curb their intake of food that contains chemical pesticides and fertilizers.
Key Market Trends
Online Retail to Foster the Market Growth
The main reason behind the rise in sales through internet retailing is the level of convenience it provides for consumers, as they find it easy to choose their preferred brands from a vast variety of whipping cream products. Thus, online and e-commerce stores have been gradually increasing their market share, in terms of revenue and popularity among consumers, in the global whipping cream market. The growth opportunity for the sales of whipping cream through online channels has forced online vendors to improve purchase processes, in terms of security and reliability, which, in turn, has propelled the demand for these products. Moreover, vendors are adopting online retail strategies to reduce costs and increase their margins, which may benefit the market, during the forecast period.
The United States Emerges as the Major Country
The United States is the second-largest consumer for whipping cream after Germany. In 2018, around 200 million Americans consumed whipping cream. The health-trend has entered the whipping cream market. Higher demand for lactose- and cholesterol-free products, and the usage of sustainable emulsifiers have been anticipated by the market research. Moreover, manufacturers operating in the country are constantly looking for innovation, by expanding their product portfolios, launching new products, and even adopting packaging-level modifications, to increase their customer base and gain competitive advantages. This market is highly competitive in the United States, with many multinational players entering the market.
The global whipping cream market faces high competition, with the presence of both global and local players. Some of the companies operating in this market are ConAgra, Nestle, and Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited. These companies are expanding their facilities and product portfolios, due to the growing demand for pastries, cakes, and other desserts in the Asian and African regions. Manufacturers are introducing healthier products, following the global health trend, which are vegetable-based, low in cholesterol, and lactose free.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support