The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Europe polymer emulsion market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 5%, over the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market studied is the growing awareness with regard to volatile organic compound (VOC).
- Availability of substitutes and stringent regulations on butadiene are likely to hinder the markets growth.
- Growing research on water-based paints in anti-corrosive applications is likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- Germany is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Paints and Coatings
- Paints and coatings are extensively used in the architectural sector for both, exterior and interior applications. Acrylic, vinyl acrylic, styrene acrylic, and vinyl acetate ethylene copolymer latex are the major emulsion polymers used in such paints and coatings.
- In the building and construction industry, emulsion polymers are used in the manufacturing process of architectural paints, high scrub interior paints, exterior paints for high durability and wet adhesion, deck and trim paints, and stains and elastomeric coatings. Paints and coatings are applied on exterior of the house to not only give them a new look, but also protect it from blistering summers, freezing winters, soaking rain, and the daily bombardment of UV radiation, without fading, peeling away, and cracking.
- Additionally, paints and coatings are used in interiors of houses to add colors or decorative purposes, along with a wide range of other functions. Their functions vary, depending upon the type of environment and room that they are used on.
- For example, due to the moisture, bathroom walls need to have wipe-ability for keeping them clean. Paints with glossier sheens have a tighter molecular structure than flat paints, making it more difficult for moisture to penetrate. Hence, these types of paints are used in bathroom.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned factors, the market for polymer emulsions is expected to grow during the forecast period.
Germany to Dominate the Market
- The economic growth of the country is affected by the factors, such as trade tensions leading to reduced exports, and tariff disputes triggered by the US government. However, the country is expected to rise from such fluctuations in economic performance over the forecast period.
- According to industry experts, the demand for new houses is estimated to be around 350,000 per year until 2020, which is expected to boost the construction sector. The non-residential and commercial buildings in the country are expected to witness significant growth prospects during the forecast period. The growth is supported by lower interest rates, increase in real disposable incomes, and numerous investments by the European Union and the German Government.
- It is also expected that Germany may spend more on the public infrastructure, and an increase in investments through public-private partnerships at the municipal level.
- The sales/registrations of new vehicles are increasing steadily in the country with improvement in the economy reflecting consumer confidence. This is expected to provide stable contribution to the paints & coatings from the automotive sector.
- Owing to all these factors, the demand for polymer emulsions in the region is expected to increase during the forecast period.
The Europe polymer emulsion market is a fragmented market, where numerous players account for insignificant share to influence the market demand, individually. Some of the noticeable players in the market include Akzo Nobel N.V., Arkema Group, BASF SE, Clariant, and Dow, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support