The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Europe ceramic coatings market is estimated to witness a significant growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 7%, over the forecast period. Growing aerospace thermal applications and increasing usage in medical devices are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Higher costs of ceramic coatings and capital-intensive production setup are likely to hinder the market’s growth.
- Development of new applications and spray processes is expected to create opportunities to the market’s growth in the future.
- Germany is expected to dominate the market and is also expected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Aerospace and Defense Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
- Aerospace and defense is the end-user industry that has the largest application of thermal sprayed ceramic coatings. Ceramic coatings are being preferred, owing to their properties, such as corrosion protection and friction reduction.
- These are extensively used as protective coatings, in order to protect the aircraft components and repair the old ones. The various airplane components, like engines, rotors, and other mechanical parts, require hard and wear-resistant coatings that can withstand high temperatures, therefore, they use ceramic coatings.
- They are used for coating the aerospace turbine components, engine components, and actuation systems, in order to provide high thermal, wear, and corrosion resistance, and longevity.
- With the increasing security concerns and increasing commercial use of aircraft as a medium of conveyance, the demand for aircraft has been increasing across the world. With this, various aircraft production orders have been lined up for delivery in the coming years.
- For instance, according to Boeing, by 2038, the deliverables of commercial aircraft are expected to reach about 8,990 units in Europe.
- Hence, with the production of aircraft to deliver the aircraft orders from the defense as well as the aviation industry, the demand for ceramic coatings is projected to increase in the region, during the forecast period.
Germany to Dominate the Market
- Germany leads Europe’s automotive market with 41 assembly and engine production plants that contribute to one third of the total automobile production in Europe. Germany, being one of the leading manufacturing bases for the aircraft industry, is the home to manufacturers from different segments, such as equipment manufacturers, material and component suppliers, engine producers, and whole system integrators.
- The German aerospace industry comprises more than 2,300 firms located all around the country, with northern Germany being the area with a higher concentration of firms.
- Germany, being one of the leading manufacturing bases for the aircraft industry, is home to manufacturers from different segments, such as equipment manufacturers, material and component suppliers, engine producers, and whole system integrators.
- The country hosts a large number of production bases for aircraft interior components, MRO (maintenance, repair, and overhaul), and lightweight construction and materials, largely in Bavaria, Bremen, Baden-W?rttemberg, and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
- It has been estimated that over 30 to 35 thousand new aircraft will be operational by the next 20 years, in order to meet the rising aviation demand. Thus, with the increase in production of aircraft, the consumption of ceramic coatings will increase during the forecast period.
- With the rising demand coming from major end-user industries, the market for ceramic coatings is projected to grow during the forecast period.
The Europe ceramic coatings market is partially consolidated in nature. Key players in the market include APS Materials, Inc., Praxair S.T. Technology, Inc. (Linde Plc), Saint-Gobain, and Bodycote, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support