The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Europe polycarbonate sheets market is expected to register a CAGR of over 4%, during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the growth of the market studied is the revival of the construction industry in countries, such as Germany, France, the United Kingdom, and Spain.
- The increasing popularity of polycarbonate sheets against conventional materials, such as glass & ceramics, has also hugely attributed to the growth of the market.
- In the European automotive industry, polycarbonate sheet technology is used in a wide range of structural, safety, and aesthetic applications. It is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Germany dominated the market across Europe, due to the rising demand in the automotive and construction industry.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Construction Industry
- In the construction industry, polycarbonate sheets are used in roofing, cladding, and glazing applications, owing to their lightweight, easy installation, and energy conservation features. They are further used as fences and walls in both residential and commercial building projects. As the construction industry in Europe continues to grow, the consumption of polycarbonate sheets is expected to rise through the forecast period.
- Construction activities in all 19 EUROCONSTRUCT countries were expected to rise owing to growing demand in construction in these countries. Furthermore, the market is further expected to rise by around 6% through 2020. Hungary was estimated to register the maximum demand of more than 25%, followed by Ireland (+15%), Sweden (+10%), and Poland (+9%).
- In Germany, construction activity has been increasing, owing to the increasing demand for residential accommodation. As per industry experts, the demand for new houses is estimated to be around 350,000 per year until 2020.
- Such positive factors are expected to drive the consumption of polycarbonate sheets in the construction industry, during the forecast period.
Germany to Dominate the Market
- The German economy is the largest economy in Europe and the fifth by GDP in the world. Germany leads the European automotive market, with 41 assembly and engine production plants that contribute to one-third of the total automobile production in Europe.
- The country accounts for over 30% (i.e., 5.65 million) of all passenger cars manufactured, and about 20% (i.e., 3.44 million) of all new car registrations.
- Germany leads Europe’s automotive market, with 41 assembly and engine production plants that contribute to one-third of the total automobile production in Europe.
- Over 30 to 35 thousand new aircraft are estimated to be operational by the next 20 years, to meet the rising aviation demand. Thus, with increase in the production of aircraft, the usage of polycarbonate (PC) sheets may also increase during the forecast period.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned factors, the market for polycarbonate sheets in the country is likely to grow during the forecast period.
The polycarbonate sheets market in Europe is consolidated, with the top five players accounting for over 60% market share. Key players include Covestro AG, SABIC, 3A Composites GmbH (Polycasa), and Brett Martin Ltd, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support