The Asia-Pacific polymer emulsion market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 6%, over the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market studied is growing awareness with regard to volatile organic compound (VOC).
- Availability of substitutes are likely to hinder the markets growth.
- Rising demand for water-based paints and coatings is likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- China is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Paints and Coatings
- Paints and coatings are extensively used in the architectural sector for both, exterior and interior applications. Acrylic, vinyl acrylic, styrene acrylic, and vinyl acetate ethylene copolymer latex are the major emulsion polymers used in such paints and coatings.
- In the building and construction industry, emulsion polymers are used in the manufacturing process of architectural paints, high scrub interior paints, exterior paints for high durability and wet adhesion, deck and trim paints, and stains and elastomeric coatings. Paints and coatings are applied on exterior of the house to not only give them a new look, but also protect it from blistering summers, freezing winters, soaking rain, and the daily bombardment of UV radiation, without fading, peeling away, and cracking.
- Additionally, paints and coatings are used in interiors of houses to add colors or decorative purposes, along with a wide range of other functions. Their functions vary, depending upon the type of environment and room that they are used on.
- For example, due to the moisture, bathroom walls need to have wipe-ability for keeping them clean. Paints with glossier sheens have a tighter molecular structure than flat paints, making it more difficult for moisture to penetrate. Hence, these types of paints are used in bathroom.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned factors, the market for polymer emulsions is expected to grow during the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Market
- In the Asia-Pacific region, China is the largest economy, in terms of GDP. China is one of the fastest emerging economies and has become one of the biggest production houses in the world, today. The country’s manufacturing sector is one of the major contributors to the country’s economy.
- The continuous improvements in economic conditions in the region have enhanced the financial status of the consumers, in turn, boosting the demand for buildings and other infrastructural activities in the country.
- China’s 13th Five Year Plan started in 2016 as it was an important year for the country’s engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) industry. In addition to this, the country ventured into new business models domestically and internationally, during the year.
- Moreover, restrictions on foreign investment on land development, high-end hotels, office buildings, international exhibition centers, and construction and operation of large theme parks have also been lifted.
- Owing to all these factors, the demand for polymer emulsions in the region is expected to increase during the forecast period.
The Asia-Pacific polymer emulsion market is a fragmented market, where numerous players account for insignificant share to influence the market demand, individually. Some of the noticeable players in the market include Akzo Nobel N.V., Arkema Group, BASF SE, Clariant, and Dow, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support