The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The market for membrane water treatment chemicals in Europe is expected to grow at with a CAGR greater than 6% during the forecast period. One of the major factors that is driving the market studied is the growing demand for freshwater in the country. However, high capital cost is restraining the demand for membrane water treatment chemicals in South America region.
- Among the chemical types, pre-treatment chemicals accounted for the highest market share and are expected to continue dominating the market during forecast period.
- Increase Adoption of Membrane Separation Technology is expected to provide a major growth opportunity for the market studied.
- Germany accounts for the major share of the Europe membrane water treatment chemicals market and is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Pre-treatment chemicals to dominate the Market
- To increase the lifetime and efficiency of the membranes, pre-treatment is performed on the feed water before allowing them to enter a membrane system. The major chemicals which are used in the pre-treatment phase are flocculants, coagulants, anti-scalants.
- Coagulants neutralize the negative electrical charge present on the harmful colloidal particles and destabilize the forces keeping colloids apart. Water treatment coagulants are comprised of positively charged molecules that when added to the contaminated water and mixed, accomplish this charge neutralization.
- Flocculants are substances that promote the clumping of destabilized particles, which are obtained after being treated with coagulants; the coagulants neutralize the charge on colloidal particles responsible for keeping them apart. These agents promote flocculation by causing colloids and other suspended particles to aggregate and drop out of the liquid.
- Anti-scalant chemicals are used for the pretreatment of membranes and to increase the durability of the membrane water treatment system. The anti-scalants control the scales formed by calcium sulfate, barium sulfate, calcium carbonate, iron, strontium sulfate, calcium fluoride, silica, colloidal material and other organic & inorganic contaminants of the membrane system.
- The European markets for food & beverage and water treatment facilities have grown in recent past and are increasing with the growth in population. Additionally, the health concerns over available fresh water are also driving the demand for pre-treatment chemicals in Europe.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, pre-treatment chemicals are expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Germany to Dominate the Market
- Germany is shifting toward green energy, and is cutting down on the nuclear, oil-fired, coal-fired, and natural gas-fired power plants. It aims at 36% of the electricity being produced from renewables by 2021.
- This is likely to boost the usage of water in power generation which in turn is expected to have a positive influence for the market of membrane water treatment chemicals in Europe.
- Additionally, the growing demand from food & beverage industry and municipal industry are likely to drive the demand for membrane water treatment chemicals in the country.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned reasons, Germany is projected to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
The Europe membrane water treatment chemicals market is moderately fragmented with the major players accounting for a significantly less share of the total market. The major players in the market studied include Solenis, Ecolab, Kemira, Suez, Veolia Water Solutions and Technologies, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support