The market for membrane water treatment chemicals in Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at with a CAGR greater than 7% during the forecast period. One of the major factors that is driving the market studied is the growing popularity of Zero liquid blowdown. However, high capital cost is restraining the demand for membrane water treatment chemicals in Asia-Pacific region.
- Among the end-user industries, food & beverage industry is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
- Growing usage of membrane bio-reactors is expected to provide a major growth opportunity for the market studied.
- China has accounted for the major share of the Asia-Pacific membrane water treatment and expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Food & Beverage Processing Industry to Account for the Fastest Growth Rate
- It is essential for the food & beverage industry to maintain hygiene standards set by the concerned federal agencies at all times so that the products are suitable for consumption.
- To ensure prevention of problems due to corrosion, fouling, and scaling chemical treatments are regularly used on boiler water. Volatile corrosion inhibitors, antiscalants, and cleaning chemicals are added to the treatment system, so that along with the water, the chemical is carried over into the pipes for protection against corrosion, scaling, fouling, etc.
- The quality of water being used in the plant is critical, and hence chemical treatments are performed to ensure adherence to set health standards. This, in turn, is driving the demand for water treatment chemicals.
- The growing population and the advent of e-commerce has boosted the growth of food & beverage industry of Asia-Pacific region. This growth is likely to boost the demand for membrane water treatment chemicals in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned reasons, food & beverage industry is expected to be the fastest growing end-user industry during the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Market
- China accounts for the major share of the Asia-pacific membrane water treatment chemicals market owing to the high demand from end-user industries like power, chemical manufacturing, food & beverage, etc.
- The demand for membrane water treatment chemicals in China is projected to grow significantly during the forecast period due to the adoption of strict environmental regulations. Owing to water scarcity and rising environmental concerns, China adopted zero liquid discharge (ZLD) technology to reduce the increased toxic gas and particulate emissions.
- The growing power generation of the country is growing at a significant rate owing to the increasing investments and government support. This growth is likely to boost the demand for membrane water treatment chemicals in the country.
- Additionally, the increasing demand from end-user industries like food & beverage, chemical manufacturing, mining, etc. are also expected to drive the demand for membrane water treatment chemicals in the country.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, China is likely to dominate the Asia-pacific membrane water treatment chemicals market during the forecast period.
The Asia-pacific membrane treatment chemicals market is moderately fragmented with the major players accounting for a significantly less share of the total market. The major players in the market studied include Dow, Suez, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies, Kurita Water Industries Ltd, and Solenis, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support