The market for membrane water treatment chemicals in North America is expected to grow at a CAGR greater than 6% during the forecast period. One of the major factors that is driving the market studied is the growing demand for freshwater in the region. However, high capital cost is restraining the demand for membrane water treatment chemicals in the North America region.
- Among the end-user industries, food & beverage industry is expected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
- Growing usage of membrane bioreactors is expected to provide a major growth opportunity for the market studied.
- The United States accounts for the major share of the market studied and is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Food & Beverage Industry to dominate the Market
- In the North American countries, it is essential for the food & beverage industry to maintain the hygiene standards, set by concerned federal agencies at all times so that the products are suitable for consumption.
- In food and beverage processing plants, the use of water starts with conditioning of raw materials such as soaking, blanching, cleaning, and chilling. The usage of water continues with sanitizing, cooling, power and process heating, steam generation for sterilization, and finally in direct use.
- Maintenance of sanitary conditions during food and beverage processing has always been a concern while manufacturing the products. Traditionally, disinfection through chlorination has been the quickest means of disinfecting wastewater prior to its usage in processing.
- With the growing regulations on usage of chlorine in food and beverage processing, usage of advanced water treatment processes such as membrane technologies have been incorporated.
- The general purpose water includes water which is used in washing and sanitizing raw materials, plant facility, processing equipment, and ancillary equipment. Process water represent water used for cooking or added directly to the product.
- During the production of beverages, treatment to achieve taste objectives is especially important. Various membrane technologies like reverse osmosis and nano-filtration find prominent usage to achieve the complex requirements posed by the food and beverage industry.
- Owing tot he above-mentioned factors, food & beverage industry is expected to dominate the market studied during the forecast period.
United States to Dominate the Market
- The United States accounts for the largest market share of membrane water treatment chemicals in the region.
- Growing food & beverage industry (among other industries) coupled with the population growth in the United States are the driving factors for freshwater resources, which, in turn, are propelling the demand for membrane water treatment chemicals.
- Despite the environmental regulations in the United States being made more stringent in the recent years, these chemicals are experiencing an increase in demand due to their properties and applications.
- These factors are supporting the growth of the water treatment industry in the country which in turn is expected to provide a positive outlook for the membrane water treatment chemicals in the coming years.
The North America membrane water treatment chemicals market is moderately fragmented with the major players accounting for a significantly less share of the total market. The major players in the market studied include Solenis, Ecolab , Kemira , Suez, and Veolia, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support