The global antihypertensive market accounted for $22,557 million in 2018, and is expected to reach $28,797 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 3.1% from 2019 to 2026.
Antihypertensive drugs are employed for the treatment of patients suffering from hypertension. Hypertension is a medical condition, which involves rise in blood pressure in the arteries. Furthermore, the patient suffering from hypertension is highly susceptible to other complications, which include heart failure and aneurysm. Therefore, the treatment of this medical condition requires early diagnosis and management by the use of antihypertensive drugs. Some of the antihypertensive drugs available in the market include beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, and vasodilators. These drugs are prescribed by a physician, and are available in retail stores and hospital pharmacies.
The growth of the global antihypertensive market is driven by surge in incidence of hypertension across the globe. Furthermore, rise in awareness related to complications associated with hypertension is another major factor that fuels the growth of the market. Moreover, increase in geriatric population and sedentary lifestyle act as key drivers of the global market. However, recent patent expirations hinder the growth of the antihypertensive market. Conversely, surge in research related to antihypertensive drugs in emerging economies is expected to offer lucrative opportunities during the forecast period.
The global antihypertensive market size is segmented into therapeutic class, distribution channel, and region. On the basis of therapeutic class, the market is fragmented into diuretics, ACE inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, vasodilators, beta-adrenergic blockers, and others. Depending on distribution channel, it is segregated into retail pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, and e-commerce. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis along with the current global antihypertensive market trends from 2019 to 2026 to identify the prevailing opportunities along with the strategic assessment.
- The market size and estimations are based on a comprehensive analysis of key developments in the industry.
- A qualitative analysis based on innovative products facilitates strategic business planning.
- The development strategies adopted by the key market players are enlisted to understand the competitive scenario of the market
KEY MARKET SEGMENTSBy Therapeutic Class
- ·ACE Inhibitors
- ·Calcium Channel Blockers
- ·Beta-adrenergic Blockers
- ·Retail Pharmacy
- ·Hospital Pharmacy
- ·North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
List of key players profiled in the report
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Merck KGaA
- Johnson and Johnson
- Bayer AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- AstraZeneca plc
- Daiichi Sankyo Company
- Sanofi S.A.
- Novartis International AG
LIST OF OTHER PLAYERS IN THE VALUE CHAIN (These players are not profiled in the report. The same will be included on request.)
- United Therapeutics Corporation Safe In Breastfeeding