The biopesticides market of Europe is estimated to register a CAGR of 16.01% over the projected period of 2020-2028. The growing demand for organic products, the implementation of a modified plant protection system, and strict regulations addressing the environmental issues are expected to boost the market in the region.
The European biopesticides market is segregated further into the market regions of France, Italy, Russia, Poland, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, and the rest of Europe that includes Finland, Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Switzerland, and others. In Russia, the demand for biopesticides products exceeds the supply for protected grounds, which is covered on 10-20% of field production, or even less. The main consumers of biopesticides have protected personal part-time farms, open pit, soil, and forestry enterprises. In Belgium, NAPAN is the national action plan for the reduction of pesticides. In Poland, the Ministry of agriculture and the rural developer is the responsible authority. Most of the biopesticides are registered for use in forestry, and the others for apple orchards, vegetables, barley, and ornamental plants. Biopesticides are mostly used to control Colorado beetle in potato, vegetables, and some other crops.
In the rest of Europe, farmers are shifting towards biological control, which is more efficient and less harmful to the environment than chemical pesticides. In Spain, the success rate for biopesticide control of greenhouse pests is almost 84% of the horticulture area. Ukraine and Turkey consume a considerable part of biopesticides for growing cereal. Sweden’s market growth is attributed partly to food safety issues, including pesticide residue problems in banana flesh, grapes, and wines experienced in late 2012 and 2013.
Isagro SpA, Andermatt Biocontrol AG, Koppert BV, Bayer CropScience AG, BASF SE, etc. are some of the renowned companies operating in the market.
Our report offerings include:
- Explore key findings of the overall market
- Strategic breakdown of market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Challenges)
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years, along with 3 years of historical data for all segments, sub-segments, and regions
- Market Segmentation cater to a thorough assessment of key segments with their market estimations
- Geographical Analysis: Assessments of the mentioned regions and country-level segments with their market share
- Key analytics: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Vendor Landscape, Opportunity Matrix, Key Buying Criteria, etc.
- Competitive landscape is the theoretical explanation of the key companies based on factors, market share, etc.
- Company profiling: A detailed company overview, product/services offered, SCOT analysis, and recent strategic developments