Voice quality gained significant ground with Voice over LTE (VoLTE) with the deployment of 4G LTE networks. Voice over 5G (Vo5G) service will build on those advancements as evolved voice systems leverage combined 5G core network elements along with IP Multimedia Systems (IMS), VoLTE enhancements, 5G Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and other 5G New Radio (5GNR) 5G radio access network equipment such as smart antennas.
Advantages of Vo5G include ultra-high definition voice/audio for both voice-only calls as well as integration with applications and content such as announcements, music, conferencing, and more. Vo5G will also provide enhanced support for real-time communications including Rich Communications Services (RCS) integration.
Real-time feature/functionality will include unprecedented interactive capabilities such as real-time language translations. Many of the more advanced functions will work only in a 5GNR environment with support of 5G core infrastructure. Consequently, there is a need for 4G/VoLTE hand-over for a relatively smooth transition from Voice over NR (VoNR) to VoLTE when crossing into service areas lacking sufficient 5GNR coverage.
Vo5G is anticipated to become increasingly more valuable to enterprise and consumer segments coincident with the growth of next generation applications, especially those involving immersive technologies such as augmented, virtual, and mixed reality. Anytime, anywhere telepresence, holographic communications, and telepresent robotics are some of the key solution areas that will leverage Vo5G, specifically VoNR.
This report evaluates the Vo5G market including companies, technologies, strategies, and solutions. The report assesses the market potential and outlook for many Vo5G supported applications and services including enhancements to existing solutions as well as completely new user experiences and use case scenarios. It also evaluates how 5G will support various next generation immersive apps and services such as virtual reality. The report includes detailed Vo5G market forecasts for all major equipment, application, and industry segments for the 2020 to 2025 period.
- Vo5Gwill be an essential component for next generation apps and services
- North America will be largest regional market followd by Asia Pac and Europe
- Vo5G will transform virtual and mixed reality in suport of on-demand telepresence
- Vo5G will be catalyst for a major shift from smartphones as the primary voice device
- Vo5G market forecasts 2020 to 2025
- Understand the evolution of VoLTE to Vo5G via VoNR
- Understand the importance of IMS to relative to Vo5G
- Identify the market drivers for Vo5G enabled apps and services
- Identify high revenue Vo5G applications and services by industry
- Learn how 5G benefits Virtual Reality and other immersive technologies
- Network management companies
- Communications service providers
- Application and service developers
- Broadband equipment manufacturers
- Research and development organizations