The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global X-ray generator market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 4.0% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- The increasing incidence of cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and several other disorders, is one of the major driving factors. Additionally, the global aging population and commercialization of new, improved, and technologically-advanced x-ray machines are expected to fuel the demand.
- For instance, in July 2018, scientists from New Zealand performed the first 3-D color x-ray on a human to improve the field of medical diagnostics. This color x-ray imaging technique can produce clearer and more accurate pictures and help the doctors to provide their patients more accurate diagnoses. The innovations mentioned above are going to supplement the market growth.
- In addition to the above factors, the rising security concerns related to consecutive threats and activities, such as illegal arms shipping and drug trafficking, are driving the demand for security screening. The aforementioned factor is, thereby, contributing to the higher adoption rate of X-ray generators.
Scope of the Report
An X-ray generator is a device used to produce a high voltage to be applied between the anode and cathode. High voltage can be produced from a low-voltage, alternating current (AC) supply (the mains) using a transformer to give the waveform. Types of end-users such as medical and industrial are considered under the scope of the market. Other types of end users such as commercial purpose users are considered jointly under the industrial type of end user.
Key Market Trends
Medical X-ray Generator to hold Highest Share
- Advances in medical imaging, primarily in computed tomography (CT) technology, have resulted in the rapid growth of X-ray examinations. Besides, the global geriatric population base at high risk of developing these chronic diseases is expected to stimulate the demand for high-resolution imaging systems.
- The use of X-ray generators for medical purposes is an effective response to this high demand, providing the industry with high growth potential throughout the forecast period. In terms of types, the global industry is classified as stationary and portable.
- Advances in technology, such as changing the design of the computer-controlled X-ray generator interface with the imaging system, allow for better synchronization of the imaging system, usually with X-ray generators.
- The increasing number of road accidents has increased the need for X-ray equipment, thereby offering growth to the market studied. According to the Indian Government, a total of 4,64,910 road accidents were reported in 2017, which caused injuries to 4,70,975 persons. The diagnosing of these persons demands the need for medical imaging equipment, which in turn reflects the demand for X-ray generators
North America to Hold Significant Share
- The growing occurrence of chronic diseases, coupled with the rising number of diagnostic imaging procedures and significant spending on healthcare across the world, has been instrumental in driving the X-ray generator market in the medical sector in the region.
- According to the National Cancer Institute in 2018, an estimated 1,735,350 new cases of cancer have been diagnosed in the United States. Further, the institute predicts that the number of new cases of cancer is 439.2 per 100,000 men and women per year. Also, it predicts that the number of new cancer cases per year is expected to rise to 23.6 million by 2030 in the United States.
- According to NCBI, every year, an estimated 1.5 million individuals suffer a fracture due to bone disease in the United States. The risk of a fracture increases with age and is highest in women. Roughly 4 in 10 White women age 50 or older in the United States will experience a hip, spine, or wrist fracture sometime during the remainder of their lives. Looking ahead, the lifetime risk of fractures will increase for all ethnic groups as people live longer.
- Moreover, the increasing air transport freight in North America, especially in the United States, is increasing the concerns toward the goods being transported. In 2017, the United States accounted for 41,591.5 million ton-km of freight through air transport. The stringent regulations against terrorism are increasing the need for high-end security screening systems, which detect hazardous weapons in the freight, thereby reflecting the growth of x-ray generators.
The X-ray generator market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These major players with prominent shares in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and profitability.
- October 2019 - Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corp. a maker of high-voltage power supplies, DC-DC converters and power systems for medical and industrial applications, and x-ray and automatic test equipment acquired Del High Voltage Corp. The acquisition includes Del High’s customers, product lines, technology, and personnel. Del High is a supplier of high-voltage power supplies and transformers, including the Bertan High Voltage and Dynarad Corp. portfolios of high-voltage power supplies and monoblock x-ray sources.
- February 2019 - Teledyne introduce the new CMOS Shad-o-Box 2K HS industrial x-ray detector at the Nondestructive Testing Management Association’s (NDTMA) Annual Conference in Las Vegas
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support