The proactive security market was valued at USD 20.81 million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 45.67 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 14% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. Businesses are integrating proactive approach, in which they act to prevent any dangers before they occur. A large number of enterprises are thus opting for proactive security solutions over-reactive security solutions.
- Evolving data breaches leading to high costs of recovery and increasing number of connected devices across enterprises, owing to BYOD trend and IoT implementation, have encouraged enterprises to shift from reactive to proactive security solutions.
- With enterprises undergoing a digital transformation, stringent regulations, like GDPR, PCI DSS, and others, are being imposed to safeguard IT systems from data breaches. Regulations and compliances mandate enterprises to adopt effective security solutions, and thereby support the growth of proactive security solutions.
- The need for proactive security is, furthermore, expected to be complemented by the increasing number of security breaches, cyber-attacks. In addition to this, increasing penetration of cloud technology will boost the demand for proactive security.
Scope of the Report
A proactive security approach is used for prevention against major cybersecurity incidents before they actually happen. With the adoption of proactive security solutions, organizations can effectively maintain and secure their critical information from data breaches. Proactive security solutions help organizations optimize their security infrastructure, easily manage security vulnerabilities, and control all their security products from a single platform. The proactive security program that encompasses prudent practices, such as content monitoring and filtering of electronic communications among others, will help ensure the security, confidentiality, and compliance with regulations that mandate the protection of sensitive information.
Key Market Trends
BFSI Sector Expected to Grow at a Significant Rate
- The BFSI is the fastest-growing vertical in the proactive security market, as BFSI companies have stringent legal and regulatory compliances associated with information security. Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) continue to deploy proactive security solutions, as SMEs are increasingly facing malware-based and DNS-based cyber-attacks.
- The number of cyber-attacks against financial services companies, according to data from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), increased by more than 80%, in 2018. Considering that cyber-attacks have a direct impact on the churn rate, the financial service providers are expected to strengthen their security solutions.
- Banks and other financial service providers are actively adopting proactive security solutions, to defend their IT assets and data from malware and ransomware. Apart from the regular initiatives like encryption, solutions, such as advanced malware protection, security analytics, vulnerability management, among others, the security providers are well equipped to deal with the advanced vulnerability system in order to safeguard the BFSI industry.
North America Expected to Account for the Largest Market Share
- The increasing need for organizations to protect their data from advanced cyber-attacks and addressing the stringent government regulations are expected to drive the proactive security market across the region.
- Security vendors across North America Region are offering proactive security solutions via security analytics, AMP, security monitoring, attack simulation, security orchestration, and risk & vulnerability management. As the frequency of security breaches has increased tremendously over the past 5 years, organizations have increased their IT security investments to protect against advanced threats.
- Further, the growing adoption of cloud-based solutions & services among enterprises is expected to provide significant growth opportunities thereby fueling the demand of proactive security solution during the forecast period across the North America.
The proactive security market is highly competitive and consists of prominent players. In terms of market share, some of the major players currently dominate the market. However, with the advancement in the security services, new players are increasing their market presence thereby expanding their business footprint across the emerging economies.
- May 2019 - Cygilant announced that it has joined the AT&T Cybersecurity Partner Program to help AlienVault USM Anywhere customers with managed security services. As a part of AT&T Cybersecurity’s program, Cygilant assigns dedicated Cybersecurity Advisors who become familiar with a customer’s systems, processes, compliance requirements, and security goals.
- March 2019 - RSA unveiled the newest version of its market-leading SIEM, RSA NetWitness Platform, which features machine learning models based on deep endpoint observations to rapidly detect anomalies in user’s behavior to uncover evolving threats. This announcement furthers RSA’s strategy to help customers take a unified, phased approach to manage digital risk, an ever-increasing challenge faced by organizations with ambitious digital transformation initiatives.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support