The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The vacuum pumps market?was valued at USD 2.44 billion in 2019, and is expected to reach a value of USD 3.44?billion by 2025, recording a CAGR of 6.04% over the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Low power consumption and high pumping speed in vacuum pump is coming in trend. Smart vacuum pump is trending with high-speed evacuation along with high ultimate vacuum.?Leybold presents its innovations with?extremely light, compact design and easy to integrate into both new and existing vacuum systems, with low level of vibration and noise.
- Increasing popularity of MEMS technology in the vacuum pumps industry is driving the market. MEMS has a large range of applications spread across numerous market sectors, specifically in consumer electronics (CE), such as smart phones, tablets, and video game systems. MEMS devices are built on silicon wafers and many of the same fabrication process tools including vacuum is used by the integrated circuit (IC) industry to fabricate MEMS, which create a high demand in the market.
- Demand of dry vacuum pump is driving the market as dry pumps have a lower overall cost than an oil lubricated pump and there are several other factors which include decreased vibration and noise, a smaller sized pump taking up less space, no exhaust emissions from oil and high energy efficient. Its application is also expanded in chemical and pharmaceutical applications, which gives a high demand.
- Some of the vacuum pumps are expensive are not suitable for extracting explosive gas and pumping hyperoxic gas, which is restraining the market.
Scope of the Report
The vacuum pumps used to remove air or any gas particles from the container that creates vacuum in the vessel . The market are witnessing substantial demand from various end-user verticals, such as energy & power, oil & gas, etc, as the operations involved in these verticals are extremely susceptible to corrosion, due to constant exposure to several harsh environments, emphasizing the need for vacuum pumps to comply with various industry regulations.
Key Market Trends
Natural Gas Extraction in Oil & Gas Sector to Drive the Market Growth
- Vacuum pumps are utilized in a variety of applications and due to its versatility, this machine has been adopted by the oil and gas industry in extraction and compression of gas which significantly drives the market.
- Field gas boosting is described as the process of boosting low-pressure gas from a wellhead to a high-pressure pipeline. The wellhead has a reasonably low positive pressure and is commonly below atmospheric pressure. Thus, a vacuum pump is required to extract the gas and boost it to a PSI above atmospheric pressure. The gas is then usually delivered to a gas processing plant by a high-pressure compressor through a pipeline.
- Enhanced oil recovery is a process that involves putting a vacuum on an oil well to relieve pressure on the well. This increases oil production by allowing the oil to flow more freely through the well and this application can also recover associated gas at the surface of the well.
- Digester Gas Recovery (Bio-Gas) is done by decomposition process where a compressor or vacuum pump compresses gas into a sparging unit piped into the tank. This gas provides heat, suspends the waste and also activates bugs to eat the decomposed material. A vacuum pump is used to recover this gas and compress it to a natural gas engine. This gas is used to drive a generator to produce electricity.
- Busch Vacuum Pumps and Systems Acquires NSB Gas Processing. With the acquisition of NSB, they can now offer reliable vacuum and overpressure solutions for heavy-duty conditions in the oil and gas industries adding strengths of the Busch NSB product portfolio in flare gas recovery.
North America to Account for a Major Share
- North America is gaining the market share as this region is one of the world’s largest oil producers, and close to 40 percent of United States oil needs are met at home and top coal reserves and production comes from United States, which gives a high demand of vacuum pump in this region.
- The growth of pharmaceutical industry is increasing in United States and vacuum pumps are used during the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), intermediate products and bulk drugs to maintain the perfect reaction environment, which drives the demand of market.
- The Battioni Pagani series of industrial rotary vane vacuum pumps have been used for many years to empty cesspools, transport sewage and in agricultural fertilizing irrigation operations in United States.
- In May 2018, NAVAC supplied a wide array of industrial vacuum solutions and HVAC/R tools. NAVAC has officially launched North American operations in Lyndhurst, New Jersey. The company seeks to meet the need in the HVAC/R industry for user-friendly equipment and tools that are less complicated and save time, which will increase the growth of vacuum pumps in this region.
The vacuum pumps market is highly fragmented due to the presence of large global and local players. Also global investment in R&D in power generation infrastructure and facility upgrades in the oil and gas are the most important drivers which are giving high rivalry among competitors. Key players are Gardner Denver Inc., Atlas Copco Group, Busch Pumps and Systems, etc. Recent developments in the market are -
- May 2019 - Becker Pumps Corp. introduced two new series of vacuum pumps which are specifically designed for the Primary Packaging market. This announcement by Becker of the successful introduction of the new U 5 Series and Roots Booster Package Series of pumps is of particular significance to all end users in the primary packaging industries. These new pumps are direct replacements for the pumps currently being offered by the competition and are more energy efficient. It can now offer booster pump packages as a plug and play option against the competition.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support