The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The away from home tissue and hygiene market was valued at USD 27.48 billion in 2019?and is expected to reach USD 42.26 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 6.92% over the forecast period 2020?- 2025. It is estimated that more than 9% of the paper products processed in the world end up as tissue products accounting to at least 21 million tons of tissue paper every year. In recent years, the away from home products are estimated to be accountable for more than one-third of the global consumption of tissue products and are increasing at a moderate pace every year.
- Most away from home tissue products are bought by building owners, institutions and janitorial services directly from distributors. The products are usually bought in bulk and are often tied to the type of dispensers that are being used in their particular establishments in order to maintain the loyalty of customers towards that particular brand. The major ground of competition usually revolves around the price of the product, compatibility of the product with dispensers, and ease of replenishment.
- Away from home products have become one of the most widely used commodities in the world. The increasing demand from urban regions is mainly driving the hygiene market. A large number of end users ranging from restaurant and food trucks to commercial users keep a constant demand for these products in the urban markets when compared to rural establishments that majorly rely on the retail variants.
- A significant factor that is limiting the growth of the market is the high raw material prices for the tissue industry all over the globe. Moreover, the new innovative product such as electronic dryers, are impacting the growth of the market.
Scope of the Report
Tissue paper is a type of paper handkerchief which is of lightweight and used for various purposes such as wiping hands, face, table napkin, wrapping tissue, etc. Hygiene tissue papers are mostly used for facial purpose. Facial tissues refer to a class of smooth, soft, absorbent, and disposable paper which is suitable to use on our face. Tissues and hygiene products help consumers to maintain a healthy and hygienic lifestyle in their day to day life.
Key Market Trends
Toilet Paper to Occupy the Maximum Market Demand
- Paper and cloth towels in the market are proven to be having the highest drying capacity when compared to many other alternatives, like electronic dryers. According to a study conducted by Mayo Clinic Proceedings, a prominent medical journal, on drying efficiency of several hand drying methods, the results indicated that residual water was more efficiently removed from the hands by paper towels when compared to jet air dryers and hot air dryers.
- Recent studies claim that three in 10 shoppers are considered heavy users of bathroom tissues and they shop for about 13 or more rolls every month. Toilet papers are seeing the advantage of the support of effective category segmentation and added value innovations. Prime innovations, like dermatologically tested variants, flushable variants, and the double-layered toilet papers are distinguishing the general toilet papers from the premium ones.
- In some of the countries, the value growth of the market is entirely driven by the introduction of premium and super-premium toilet papers. The differentiation of these premium and super-premium away from home tissue and hygiene products are already seen on the supermarket shelves in the form of premium packaging used to pack these products. As the biggest sub-sector of AFH market bathroom tissues are already enjoying the household penetration rates close to 100%.
Asia-Pacific to be the Fastest Growing Market
- In Asia- Pacific, countries, like China, Australia, Singapore, and India stood as the key source of demand for these products. The high demand from the market channels, such as hospitals & healthcare units, hospitality units, food businesses, and other businesses are driving the demand for away from home tissue and hygiene products in the region. The highest demand was recorded from environmental sanitation needs in restaurants, stores, public toilets, etc. where hygiene products are provided widely for the customers.
- Rapidly growing middle-class population in many Asia-Pacific countries and increasing disposable incomes of the population led to increased domestic travel significantly, which in turn, drives the demand for the away from home tissue and hygiene products.
- The region is also becoming one of the most famous medical tourism hubs. There are more than 0.3 million births and 0.1 million deaths every day in the regions, which leads to increased consumption of away from home tissue and hygiene products, such as wipes, paper towels, and napkins, in both domestic users and commercial users, like hospitals and healthcare industry.
The away from home tissue and hygiene market is highly fragmented. Due, to high demand, many players are entering the market to have a strong position by developing high-quality products for various end-user applications. Some of the key players include Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Georgia Pacific LLC(Koch industries), SCA (Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget), Procter & Gamble, Clearwater Paper Corporation, Wausau Paper Corp., Kruger Products, among others.
- March 2019 - SCA Wood France and the French company Innovation Solutions Bois, Groupe ISB, merged their operations in wood processing and distribution of wood products in France. The merger will result in a large and resourceful supplier of wood products to the French building material sector.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support