The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The tube packaging market was valued at USD 8.64 billion in 2019?and is expected to reach USD 12.10 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.46% over the forecast period 2020?- 2025. The trend of laminated tubes is currently governing the market. These tubes improve the shelf-life of the product by offering protection against bacteria, due to which the demand is rising.
- The market has witnessed very steep demand for BB and CC creams which have been applied with bare hands and are packaged in tubes. The demand is growing due to its flexibility which is driving the market.
- The pharmaceutical market is also driving the growth of the market especially medicines which are used in Dermatology where tube packing is extensively used. Global pharmaceutical sales globally in 2018 was 110 billion USD according to AstraZeneca and the future growth of the pharmaceutical sector will drive the demand for tubes and bottles packaging particularly.
- Further, technological advancements in cosmetic packaging due to focus on enhancing the user’s experience such as by including a brush or sponge head, on a tube with a pump and other innovative applicators, are being requested more often.
- The increasing urbanization, growing millennial population, and rising disposable incomes of consumers are the major contributors to this growth. Urbanization has created several opportunities for market players, by boosting disposable income and creating awareness about the availability of different cosmetics products thereby significantly spurring the demand for Tube packing.
- However, regulations vary across regions and countries for packing which may hamper the growth of the market.
Scope of the Report
Tube packaging is in widespread use for creams, ointments, gels, and even thick liquids. It is also used for solids as it offers a layer of protecting, preventing the contents from breakage. They come in a variety of packing like squeeze, twist, stick and are primarily made up of plastic, paper, and aluminum.
Key Market Trends
Plastics to Drive the Market Growth
- Plastic is a prominent material used in tube packaging, due to its low cost, lightweight, flexibility, durability, and other factors. In addition, it is odorless and offers a pleasant appearance.
- As convenience and hygiene are gaining importance across regions, the demand for plastic tubes is propelling, specifically in the cosmetic industry.
- However, over the last decade, the environmental impacts of plastic have resulted in a slowdown of the segment.
- Nevertheless, sustainable packaging has ensured significant amounts of plastic recycling and innovations in material technology that have enabled the development of environment-friendly plastic packaging solutions.
- Furthermore, increased focus and developments in recycled plastic is overruling the drawbacks of plastics.
Asia-Pacific to Execute a Significant Growth Rate
- The population in Asia-Pacific is increasingly improving its lifestyle and living standards. This factor coupled with the rising trends in cosmetic and pharmaceutical products and awareness for health and hygiene is driving the market in the region.
- Apart from cosmetic demand from the region, Asia-Pacific countries are significantly exporting cosmetic products to the US. According to the International Trade Administration, over 20% of US. global exports are via Asian countries.
- Moreover, the demand for healthcare and hygiene in the country is also high. In China with a population of 1.37 billion, the oral disease has a large burden on the government healthcare system and is an even greater economic burden on individuals. Periodontal diseases are common in India as well. these factors have resulted in an increased demand for toothpaste and other oral care products that use tube packaging.
- Besides, China accounted for 51% of the world’s plastic scrap imports in 2017, according to the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries. This emphasis on plastic recycling is also estimated to expand the plastic tube packaging sector, thereby, supporting the growth of tube packaging.
The tube packaging market is highly fragmented due to the presence of a large number of players. Moreover, sustainable competitive advantage can be gained through innovation (design, technology, and application) and partnerships. In addition, there is a fairly high probability of new players entering the market studied, further intensifying the competition. Therefore, the market incumbents have been identified to adopt a powerful competitive strategy, characterized by acquisitions, mergers and acquisitions, and a strong emphasis on R&D. Some key market players in the market are Amcor, Bemis, Tetrapack among others. Some key recent developments in the market include:
- March 2018 - Packaging companies, Amcor and SIG, partnered for aluminum sourcing. The collaboration aimed at ensuring the supply chain of aluminum foil meets the statutes of the Aluminum Stewardship Initiative (ASI).
- February 2018 - Berry Global Group, Inc. acquired the Clopay Plastic Products Company, Inc. a subsidiary of Griffon Corporation for USD 475 million in cash on a debt-free, cash-free basis. The acquisition of Clopay is directly aligned with the company’s fundamental strategic initiatives.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support