The?next generation biometrics market was valued at USD 16.36?billion in 2019, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 93.88 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 35.53%, during the forecast period (2020-2025). One of the key trends witnessed in the next generation biometrics market is a paradigm shift in business discourse towards more privacy and less security threats. The end users are increasingly looking for integrated solutions, rather than depending on conventional methods.
- The next-generation biometric market is anticipated to grow at a significant growth rate, owing to the rising number of terrorist activities, coupled with the increasing theft activities on the part of crucial data and information that have raised concerns regarding national security. Major factors, such as growth in e-passport program, government support, and extensive use in criminal identification, are majorly driving the market.
- The rise in airport security initiatives and attempts to reduce the crime rates have increased the investments in biometric systems, globally. Various government initiatives, such as e-passports, e- driving licenses, border management, and national IDs, are being implemented in the developed countries using advanced biometrics
- IRIS recognition is one of the fastest-growing segments among the type of solution. Few benefits of this technology are that it is easy to use, difficult to forge, and is accurate. The iris recognition application in the consumer electronics sector is expected witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period, mainly because of the commercialization of various iris scan-based electronic devices, like smartphones, tablets, smart watches, notebooks, and others.
- However, factors such as high deployment costs and fear of privacy intrusion are expected to hamper the growth of the market.
Scope of the Report
Next generation biometrics are the technologies that are used to authenticate the identity of individuals through biological characteristics such as facial expression, voice, palm, fingerprints, signature, iris, vein and DNA. The biometric techniques are easy to use and the data obtained are in the digital form that will be hard to forge or duplicate and to rebuild. Moreover, next generation biometrics are available in various type of solutions that can cater to many end-user verticals according to their need.
Key Market Trends
Banking and Financial Industry to be the Fastest Growing Sector
- Major Banks are rolling out biometric authentication. JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Wells Fargo allow their customers to log in to mobile banking via fingerprint authentication.
- Voice authentication is also deployed in banks call centres to identify customers. Next generation biometric authentication can raise the satisfaction of their customers, as it can eliminate passwords and increase the demand to adopt for biometrics in the banking sector, which makes this market grow.
- For instance, Wells Fargo is working on a payment solution that will make use of the voice of its customers to authenticate transactions and access services. While other banks and financial institutions still have limited approach towards voice biometrics and use it only to let customers access information like account balance, etc., Wells Fargo bold step to use voice biometrics to authenticate payments is quite a news for financial security experts.
Asia-Pacific to Execute a Significant Growth Rate Over the Forecast Period
- The market in the region is expected to witness significant growth in emerging economies, which is estimated to grow steadily over the forecast period. Apart from the consumer electronics and government sector, the healthcare sector is expected to experience a rise in the application of next-generation biometrics in this region.
- Developing countries, such as China, India are driving the growth of biometric systems. China has initiated a biometric national ID program, which commenced in 2013, whereas, India started the program in 2011. These countries are driving the growth of biometric systems. However, the increase in computer storage of essential documents has increased the need for next-generation biometric systems.
The next generation biometrics market is highly fragmented due to many companies are entering the market with technological innovation that is aligned with the market need. Moreover, the next generation biometric market is highly competitive owing to demand in the future. Some of the key players in the market are Cross Match Technologies, Fujitsu Ltd., Fingerprint Cards AB, Siemens AG.
- April 2019 - Thales has completed the ?4.8 billion acquisition of Gemalto, forming a global security giant to offer biometrics and other digital identity and security technologies to critical infrastructure providers such as banks, telecom operators, government agencies, and utilities.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support