The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The emotion detection and recognition market was valued at USD 17.37?billion in 2019?and is expected to reach a value of USD 128.76?billion by 2025, at a CAGR of?40.46% over the forecast period, (2020 - 2025). Understanding emotions holds significance during the interaction process between humans and machine communication systems. EDR not only improves human and computer interfaces, but also enhances the feedback mechanism actions taken by computers from the users.
- Though Artificial Intelligence (AI) is expected to unleash the next wave of digital disruption, the limitation of AI to understand human emotion still remains a challenge. However in the past few years, increased access to data, low-cost computing power and evolving NLP combined with digital learning is enabling the systems to analyze human emotions.
- Key influencers of the market are rising need for better customer experience, as emotional connection also plays a key role along with customer satisfaction; the rising need for a human touch in digital communications (Chatbots) and challenges in language context and facial recognition.
- The key areas where emotion detection and recognition are expected to gain traction include entertainment (majorly gaming), transportation (autonomous cars), healthcare (various kinds of diagnostics) and retail (to enhance customer experience).
Scope of the Report
Emotion Detection and Recognition (EDR) is typically identifying human emotion from facial expression or verbal expression. Now, with the help of AI, NLP and ML, the machine is made to understand human emotion through various software and act according to it. Various types of software and services are used by different end-user industry to help them know human emotion in their industry environment without a human being physically present over there.
Key Market Trends
Growing Adoption of Wearable Devices to Drive the EDR Market
- Growing adoption of wearable devices, which includes smartwatches, fitness bands, smart glasses, and smart textiles, will enable the growth of the EDR market.
- According to the Consumer Technology Association, the sales of smart wearables in the U.S reached 49.3 million units in 2018 and earned USD 6.4 billion.
- High investments in the industry and large industry collaborations are resulting in innovations in wearable technology.
- These wearable devices are equipped with biological sensors to monitor heartbeat and temperature, along with other components, such as microphones and cameras to capture human emotions, such as gestures, body postures, tone of voice, and facial expressions.
- Wearable devices continuously collect data from these sources and analyze the data to monitor the health and other aspects of the user. Thus, the growing number of wearable devices is expected to drive the growth of the market over the coming years.
- According to Cisco, the connected wearable device was 325 million in 2016 and expected to reach 1105 million in 2022. This is due to the growing awareness among the people regarding smart devices and technology like IoT that are boosting the market.
North America to Dominate the EDR Market
- North America has the largest share in the market. High investments and growing support from several end-user verticals to provide better services and security are driving the growth of the market in this region.
- The governments in this region are hosting several R&D activities in the field of EDR. The Feature Extraction and 3D modeling techniques are being used in the North America region and the bio-sensors technology is expected to attain a better growth rate by 2022.
- High investment and growing support from several end-user verticals to provide better services and security are driving the growth of the market in this region.
The emotion detection and recognition market is consolidated due to few players accounting for the major market share. Moreover, due to higher investment and demand for skilled technical people, this market entry for new entrants remains challenging. Some of the key players in the market are Affectiva Inc., Emotient Inc. (Apple, Inc.), Tobii AB (Publ), Noldus, Realeyes OU, Kairos.
- April 2019 - Affectiva announced the close of a USD 26 million funding round to advance its emotion and object detection AI for monitoring vehicle passengers. The funding round was led by automotive supplier Aptiv. Affectiva wants its solution to be incorporated into cameras used in car safety systems to recognize when a driver is happy, sad, drowsy, or frustrated.
- March 2019 - Tobii unveiled New Eye Tracking Tools and Resources for VR, AR, and PC Development. The new developer guides and tools ease eye tracking integration in a variety of important ways, from providing new libraries and APIs for intuitive object mapping and selection to delivering example code and implementation tutorials.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support