Global functional flour market is projecetd to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period, 2019-2024.
- Functional flours are modified wheat or non-traditional flours that claim to improve health and provide enhanced health benefits, beyond that of the nutrients found in flour. Functional flour may also include flours that are fortified with vitamins, herbs, and even nutraceuticals.
- Consumers worldwide are striving to adopt a combination of grains, cereals, lentils in their everyday food for essential nutrients. In addition, increasing gluten allergies is stoking demand for non-wheat based flour. This is stoking demand for functional flours that are composed of soy flour, rye flour, and oat flour among others.
Scope of the Report
Global functional flour market is segmented by source, type, application, and geography. By source, the market is segmentd into cereals and legumes; by type into specialty and conventional flour; by application into bakery, savory snacks, soups & sauces, RTE products and others. Also, the study provides an analysis of the functional flour market in the emerging and established markets across the globe, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Trends
Rising Consumption of Premium Food Products
Functional flours act as active ingredients in making premium food products are good quality and are healthier than normal products. Present day consumers are less interested in mid-market products. A trend is emerging among these consumers, in which they are seen to be minimizing their expenditures on basic groceries and are instead trying out new premium products available in the market. In the case of functional flour, this trend has been seen mainly in the bakery products that contain such flours. Women are the major driving force for this increased purchasing of premium foods. Another reason for the popularity of premium foods is internet retailing and attractive discounts offered on these products.
North America Holds the Major Share in Functional Flour Market
Functional flour is gaining popularity for their cost cutting, nutritional benefits, thickening, texture, and taste enhancements. However, the trend of the gluten-free and clean label are the primary factors driving the market. North America dominates the market with a high awareness of product efficiency and the demand for premium products. However, the growing influence of the western culture has boosted the demand for high protein and nutrient foods. This growth in processed foods in Asia-Pacific is expected to lend a high CAGR during the forecast period.
The global functional flour market is fragmented and competitive, with a large number of players operating at regional and local levels. The key players in the market adopted expansions & investments in function flour as their growth strategies. Some of the major companies in the functional folur market are Cargill, General Mill, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Associated British Foods, Ingredion, and Bunge Limited, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support