The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Global Fabric Softeners and Conditioners Market is projected to register a CAGR of 3.9% over the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Increasing disposable incomes and willingness to spend on premium products by consumers in developing economies is driving the increased purchase of categories such as fabric softeners and conditioners. The product is well suited to consumers facing issues with respect to the quality of water, and hence developing economies which face issues with water quality are expected to be at the forefront of market growth over the forecast period.
- Increased spending on clothing, primarily expensive and more sensitive forms of apparel is also a trend that is expected to boost the market for products for special treatment of apparel, such as fabric softeners and conditioners.
Scope of the Report
The report scope is restricted to consumer sales of fabric softeners and conditioners and excludes the commercial market at the level of textile manufacturers. The Global Fabric Softeners and Conditioners Market is segmented By Form into Liquid and Dryers Sheets and By Distribution Channel into Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Online Channel, and Other Channels. The market is also segmented By Geography to include the leading market trends across major markets in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle-East & Africa.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Penetration of Online Channel
Online sales for the home care category has been driving the overall market for Fabric Softeners and Conditioners. The Asia-Pacific region has seen significant growth in online sales in the category. The year-on-year growth rate of the region for the home care category stood at 3% in 2018, over 2017, w. By the year 2025, the share of online sales in the Fabric Softeners and Conditioners is projected to be 10% of the overall sales. In the overall FMCG category, another interesting trend being observed is the reduced dependence on social media as a platform for driving online sales, which has led global majors such as Unilever and Procter & Gamble to reduce their spend on social media marketing for established products.
Asia-Pacific Projected to be the Fastest-Growing Market
The Asia-Pacific region is at the forefront in enabling the growth of the home care category and the region is driving the growth of the Global Fabric Softeners and Conditioners Market. The megatrends driving the market in the region include increased disposable income, increased urbanization, an increase in the number of working women and increased sales penetration through organized retail and online channels. The region has also seen the emergence of private label brands in the home care category. The share of private labels among countries in the region is highest in India, where 8.1% of the category sales were registered by private labels in 2018, with a year-on-year growth of 15.3% over 2017.
The Global Fabric Softeners and Conditioners Market is fragmented with major global players such as Unilever, Procter & Gamble, and Henkel, competing fiercely with local and regional players. The market also has significant presence of private labels, not just in advanced markets such as North America and Europe, but also in emerging markets such as Asia-Pacific.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support