The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Global Instant Coffee Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.63% over the forecast period. The market was valued at USD 52.0 billion in the year 2018.
- The middle-class population in developing countries have a huge demand for in-home coffee consumption. Convenience in food habits in general and coffee consumption, in particular, is gravitating consumers towards instant coffee. With the versatility of the product to different consumer tastes and preferences as well as because of its adaptability to be distributed through a wide range of distribution channels to aid in-home consumption has been supporting this market growth.
- Flavoring of instant coffee has been at the forefront of innovation by both established brands as well as by new entrants. Companies are increasingly focused on providing an authentic fresh coffee experience through unique flavors and by maintaining a taste as close to fresh coffee as possible.
Scope of the Report
The Global Instant Coffee Market is segmented by flavoring into flavored and unflavored instant coffee, by packaging type into sachets, pouches, and jars, by production technology into freeze-dried instant coffee and spray-dried instant coffee, and by distribution channel into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialist retailers, online channel and other channels. The segmentation by geography provides insights into the market trends in the major regions and countries across the world.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Focus on Authentic Flavors and Functional Properties
The increased focus on unique, authentic flavors and various functional properties of coffee has aided in the premiumization of the instant coffee market. Multinational players and local indie, craft brands are putting more emphasis on designing authentic flavors for instant coffee. Flavors that meet localized taste preferences are increasingly being adopted by companies. From the supply point of view, companies are increasingly focusing on procuring coffee ingredients to help consumers simmer up the brew that is just right for them. Functional coffee also has emerged as a clear winner in aiding premiumization of the market. Fortification of coffee to aid in providing various health benefits such as instant coffee for consumers following a keto diet, instant coffee marketed as natural energy drinks, and those loaded with protein have been finding preference among consumers.
Asia-Pacific to Drive Market Growth
Asia-Pacific is set for robust market growth over the forecast period. Traditional strongholds of coffee consumption such as Eastern Europe have been observed to have sluggish growth with respect to instant coffee, with consumers in this region increasingly preferring freshly brewed coffee, coupled with other economic factors. Although many countries in the Asia-Pacific region have been traditional consumers of tea, the increased penetration of instant coffee in markets such as India have boosted the overall sales of the coffee category. Other non-traditional markets like Turkey have also been slowly warming up to growth in the instant coffee market.
The Global Instant Coffee Market is consolidated with the top international players holding significant share in the global market. Nestle SA is the leader in the instant coffee market with its brand Nescafe. In many regions across the world, all other brands put together occupy a market share, which is equal or slightly less than Nescafe. Other prominent global players operating the instant coffee market include Starbucks Corporation, Kraft Foods Inc., Tata Global Beverages Limited, Unilever Plc. among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support