- Increasing the burden of oral diseases and oral cancer globally is the major factor bolstering the growth of the Dental CAD market.
- According to the World Health Organization, about 26% of people (aged 65-69 years) in the United States suffer from edentulism, also known as toothlessness. The number of Americans aged 65 years and above is projected to be more than double, from the present value of 46 million to about 98 million by 2060. The age group’s (of 64 years and above) share of the total population is expected to increase to about 24% from 15%.
- Additionally, the rising geriatric population, an increasing number of dental clinics and practitioners providing large-level dental care services are the other factors driving the growth of the Dental CAD market.
- However, the high cost of the procedures and lack of proper reimbursement policies are likely to hamper the growth of the Dental CAD market.
Scope of the Report
Dental Computer-aided design (CAD) is a field in dentistry and prosthodontics, which uses CAD to enhance the design and creation of dental restorations. CAD technology helps in the delivery of a well-fitting, aesthetic, and a durable prosthesis for the patient.
Key Market Trends
Scanners Segment Holds Significant Share in Dental CAD Market
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 31.6% of adults aged 20-44 with untreated dental caries in the United States.
- Intraoral scanners are the most widely used scanners to capture direct optical impression in dentistry. Most of the dentists use highly advanced intra-oral scanners to take impressions of the teeth at high speed.
- It is predicted that the market will grow rapidly, due to the use of intra-oral scanners and open architecture solutions.
- Moreover, it is found that most dental CAD system manufacturers are shifting toward open architecture, as the software can be used in collaboration with any milling unit.
- Due to the increased demand for scanners, companies are investing in this segment. Some of the companies offering intraoral scanners are KaVo Dental, 3Shape, and Carestream, among others. Thus, with the advantages associated with the scanners and the increased demand for scanners, the market studied is expected to grow in the future.
North America Dominates the Global Dental CAD Market
- Tooth decay is widespread among children and is increasing against improving oral health for youths, adolescents, and adults. Therefore, the number of dental disorders is expected to increase in the future in the North America region.
- Almost 8,000 people in the United States die of oral and pharyngeal cancers every year, most of them being the elderly ones. However, the problem is not limited to the elderly population. Children from lower-income families are twice as likely to have tooth decays.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 18.6% (2011-2014) of children aged 5-19 years have untreated dental caries in the United States.
- The technological advancements in the intraoral scanners and CAD provide multiple benefits, ranging from safety to improved treatment outcomes.
- Additionally, patients prefer dental CAD, as the tooth gets repaired in one day and no further or repetitive dental appointments are required. Thus, the increasing number of dental problems and technological advancements are expected to increase the growth of the dental CAD market in North America.
In Dental CAD market major players are focused on expanding their business in different areas by adopting various market strategies such as partnerships, collaborations, acquisitions, and mergers, etc. Key developments in the market include in April 2019 – Zimmer Biomet and RTI Surgical partnered with AAID Foundation to expand access to dental care for veterans.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support