Global Dietary Fiber Market size is foretasted to value 7.6 billion USD in 2024 by registering a CAGR of 13.23% during the forecast period 2019-2024.
- With the improved standard of living the related health issues are also increasing. This is mainly due to the imbalanced diet, the major diseases are diabetes, cardiocerebrovascular disease, obesity, intestinal cancer, constipation etc.
- This scenario has boosted the demand for functional foods which includes dietary fibers. The various health benefits of dietary fibers are the major driver of the market.
- Dietary fibers have various emerging application in the food and beverage industry which has various benefits on the consumer.
- The various regulations by the regulatory bodies is a factor restricting the growth of the market.
Scope of the Report
The Global Dietary Fiber Market is segmented by Application into Bakery and Confectionery, Functional Food, Functional Beverage, Dairy and Others. Others include meat, jam, pasta, marmalades etc. By Product type the market is divided into Soluble and Insoluble. By Source the market is segmented into Vegetables, Fruits, Grains and Cereals and Others. The Geographical analysis of the market is also included in the report.
Key Market Trends
Increased Demand From Pharmaceuticals And Food And Beverage Industry
Dietary Fibers include insoluble and soluble fibers extracted from fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and spices. The increasing awareness towards the various benefits of dietary fibers has led to the increasing demand of the product. It helps to reduce cholesterol in the blood and decrease glucose absorption by the small intestine. It can be used to improve the texture and sensory characteristics of foods, can be used as a bulking agent, thus reducing the application of sugar, can be used to maintain moisture in replacement of fat etc. Dietary fibers have a high application in flour, meat and dairy based products. Most of the beverages and drinks have dietary fibers infused with them, as they add viscosity and stability to the liquid product.
Europe Is The Fastest Growing Market For Dietary Fibers
The various health benefits of the dietary fibers is the major factor driving the market in Europe. The market is also driven by the increased population suffering from heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, and obesity. Diets high in insoluble fiber help prevent two kinds of intestinal diseases, diverticulosis, and hemorrhoids. The major applications of dietary fibers in the region are fortified/functional foods, beverages, dairy, bakery, and confectionery. The increased consumption of soluble fiber grains such as oats, bread, and bakery products in Europe has increased the soluble dietary fiber market. In Europe, countries such as Germany and France holds the largest market share, followed by the United Kingdom, Spain, and Italy.
The Global Dietary Fiber market is a highly concentrated and competitive market. Major players acquire the maximum share of the market. The major players have its presence in all the major regions. The major players are based on North America and Europe. Cargill Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Novartis, Procter & Gamble, and GlaxoSmithKline are the major shareholding companies in this market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support