The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Global Sports Drink Market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% in the forecast period 2019-2024.
- Some of the key factors that are expected to drive the market are the innovation of new flavours with added health benefits and changing lifestyle of consumers i.e., enrollment in the fitness and health clubs, and eating proper nutrient food, which give them a balanced nutrient diet.
- Beverage companies in the Asia-Pacific region are concentrating on increasing the demand for their sports drink segments with the help of various endorsements through popular athletes and celebrities, promotional campaigns infests and events, among others.
Scope of the Report
Global Sports Drink Market analysis is segmented by Packaging into PET Bottles and Cans; by Distribution Channel into Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Online Retailers and Others and by Geography
Key Market Trends
Escalating Demand For Functional Beverages in Developed Countries
The market for functional beverage is increasing at a fast rate, as consumers are paying more attention to staying healthy. In the developed markets, beverages are no longer viewed solely as a quick refreshment. However, they have become more convenient nutrient and food supplement products. The region is strongly influenced by consumer focus on protein, wellness, natural, and ’free from’ trends. The consumer segments driving the growth of market include ageing consumers looking for vitality, millennials who are willing to try new products with wellness benefits, and busy consumers seeking for ’quick health’.
North America Leading the Market
Sports drinks market is a lifestyle-driven market. The increasing concerns about physical well-being and leading a healthy lifestyle is a major growth driver for the sports drink market. North America stands on top among regional sales followed by Europe. But the increasing fitness trend is catching up with other regions and driving sales numbers for the market. The Asia-Pacific sports drink market is expected to surge, owing to an increasing percentage of urbanization and growth in the number of fitness centres across the countries, like India and China. The surging demand for natural sweeteners is also expected to drive the growth of the sports drink market in Asia-Pacific, owing to the no or low content of calories in the sweeteners used in the tailoring of the sports drink by the manufacturers in the regional market.
The global sports drink market is moderately competitive. The prominent company is the market include PepsiCo Inc. and the Coca-Cola Company, amongst others. The key strategies adopted by the players in the market are expansions, innovations, and new product launches to maintain competitiveness in the market. The companies have been introducing new and innovative products with the inclusion of naturally derived ingredients and additives, so as to make their product unique among the existing products
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support