The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global dental adhesives and sealant market is expected to record a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. The major factors driving the market studied are increasing health expenditures and emphasis on improving dental procedure outcomes in developing countries, increase in the aging population around the world, and the raising awareness of oral care through government campaigns in Asia-Pacific.
- The high cost of treatment and stringent regulations governing dental adhesives in many countries is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- North America accounted for the largest market, accounting for more than 40% of the global market share, followed by Asia-Pacific.
Key Market Trends
Self-etch Adhesive to Dominate the Market
- Self etch is a sixth and seventh-generation system. Along with its enhanced physical properties, it offers convenience.
- The self-etch segment of the market studied is mainly driven by its ability to bond to enamel and dentin. It is perhaps the most popular dental adhesive. As it is a relatively new process, it is now being explored by dentists.
- Clearfil Liner Bond 2, the first self-etching adhesive in the world, was introduced by Kuraray at the beginning of the 1990s. Its primary objective was to eliminate the technique sensitivities caused by the total-etch technique and to develop a system with fewer work steps. Moreover, it could prevent sensitivities and reduced pain for the patient. A water-based, self-etching primer was developed to avoid problems related to defined surface moisture.
- North America accounts for a major share of the self-etch segment, and occupied about 35% of the global market, followed by Asia-Pacific.
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America is dominating the dental adhesives and sealants market in the global scenario, and accounts for more than 40% of the global market share, with the United States being the largest market.
- The US healthcare industry is one of the key sectors contributing to the GDP. Approximately two-thirds of Americans seek care from a dentist regularly, and the remaining individuals and families face challenges accessing dental care.
- There are increasing concerns among people for oral hygiene and healthcare in the country, and investments are being made in the healthcare industry to develop smart infrastructure and to expand the existing facilities in the country.
- These factors are expected to drive the growth of the dental adhesives and sealants market steadily over the forecast period.
The global dental adhesives and sealants market is fragmented in nature. The major companies include 3M, Bisco Inc., Dentsply Sirona, Tricol Biomedical, Inc, and Ivoclar Vivadent, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support