The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The market for defoamers is expected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market studied is the increasing demand for defoamers in Asia-Pacific due to rapid industrialization. However, the market is likely to be restrained by the stringent environmental regulations on VOC-containing defoamers.
- The introduction of new and innovative products is also likely to boost the demand for defoamers.
- Asia-Pacific accounted for the major share of the market globally.
- The growing demand for eco-friendly defoamers is likely to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Key Market Trends
Anitfoams to Dominate the Market
- Antifoams are chemicals that are widely used for controlling foams, which otherwise causes a lot of problems. The existence of foams poses a lot of serious problems in the operation of industrial process, transportation, filling, and ultimately, the quality of the finished products.
- Therefore, many industries widely utilize the services of antifoams. Antifoam formulations are generally available in compound, emulsion, and powder forms, for both aqueous and non-aqueous systems, in the market.
- Antifoams are broadly categorized into two types, which are silicone antifoams and non-silicone antifoams. Out of these, silicone antifoams are more well-known and considered the ideal antifoam, as they have low surface and interfacial tension.
- Antifoams find applications in dozens of end-user industries, such as food and beverages, chemical and plastics, pulp and paper, oil and mining, construction, water treatment, mechanical fluids, and paints and coatings, among others.
- In terms of consumption, North America is currently the largest market of antifoams, closely followed by Europe. The growth in the consumption of antifoams in the pulp and paper and the food processing industries in the United States is primarily responsible for such a high consumption of antifoams in North America.
- Hence, antifoams are likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific accounted for the major market share, owing to the high demand from countries like China and India.
- China is one of the largest consumers of defoamers in the Asia-Pacific region. This could be attributed to the fact that the country is the largest producer of automobiles, and has the largest market share in the growth of the SUV market.
- Moreover, the country is the largest construction market in the region. This growth in the construction sector is expected to lead to an increase in the demand for paints and coatings, and in turn, is likely to push the growth for defoamers in the country.
- The country is the largest producer and exporter of textiles in the world. The textile industry in China diminished a little in recent years but still offers significant opportunities. According to the China National Textile and Apparel Council, the Chinese textile industry is expected to grow at a healthy annual rate of 7%. The Council is also planning to boost the exports of fiber products to USD 400 billion by 2020.
- Owing to the aforementioned reasons, Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
The market for defoamers is moderately consolidated, as the majority of the market is occupied by a few key companies. Some of the major players of the maket include Baker Hughes, Merck KGaA, Ashland, Evonik Industries AG, Clariant etc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements
- 3 months of analyst support