The study aims to analyse and forecast the global personal care and cosmetic preservatives market for 2018. Preservatives are specialty chemicals that are used as additives in formulating most personal care and cosmetic products. They are required to preserve the product and prevent it from spoilage or deterioration since a considerable amount of time elapses before the products from the factory reach consumer homes, traveling through a long chain of distributors / wholesalers and retailers, and varying conditions of storage and handling.
Manufacturer strategies, growth analysis, competitive landscape, and new market developments with respect to products and technologies have been discussed in the competitive analysis segment involving manufacturers (Dow, Evonik, BASF, Clariant, Sumitsu, Ashland, Akzonobel, Symrise, Chemipol, Lonza) and Tier II suppliers.
In recent years, the safety data for preservatives in personal care and cosmetic product are being looked at with increased precaution by consumers as well as regulatory bodies. There has been an increasingly popular trend of limiting the use of traditional preservatives the personal care and cosmetic products or even removing them altogether. These restrictions are in response to legislative reviews based on consumer concern about the safety of products.
- Market trends (regulations/mandates pertaining to personal care and cosmetic preservatives, new product developments, technologies, and market competition)
- Regional trends (North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World)
- Product trends, value chain analysis, and pricing analysis for all the product segments
- Highlights of key opportunities and companies to action
Market measurements have been analyzed for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and a forecast period of 2020 to 2025. The base year for the study is 2018.
The study analyzes the product segments including parabens, formaldehyde-releasing preservatives (FRPs), phenols & alcohols, organic acids, quaternary ammonium compounds (QACs) and others (Iodopropynyl Butyl Carbamate, Chlorophenesin).
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the size of the personal care and cosmetic preservatives market in value and unit shipment? How long will the market continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What technology, pricing, product, and regulatory trends are seen in the market?
- What are the drivers and restraints that impact the personal care and cosmetic preservatives market?
- What are the Mega Trends that impact the personal care and cosmetic preservatives market?
- What are the regional hotspots for growth in the personal care and cosmetic preservatives market?
- What are the various growth opportunities that are present in the market