There is a growing demand for advanced autonomous vehicles including level 3, 4 and 5 with the emergence of advanced sensors for connected and autonomous infrastructure. More sensors are used in advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and automated driving to provide greater information about a vehicle’s surroundings. More sophisticated sensor fusion will increasingly be needed to process and interpret the plethora of real-time sensor data. Increased sensor technology is currently adopted in vehicle safety and control. OEMs are continuously improving vehicle performance and safety. Sensors are increasingly being integrated into automotive control systems to achieve performance optimization and enhance the durability and reliability, as well as energy efficiency and environmental friendliness of the vehicle. Smart mobility, luxury cars and stringent regulations on emissions and safety drive the demand for automotive sensors. Increasing proliferation of electric vehicles and electrification is driving the sales of automotive sensors.
This research study mainly covers pressure sensors, position sensors, motion sensors, temperature sensors, speed sensors and LiDAR.
- Pressure sensors include MEMS, strain gauge, and ceramic pressure sensors.
- Position sensors include multi-axis, angular, and linear sensors.
- Temperature sensors include thermocouple, thermistor, MEMS, resistance temperature detector, IC temperature, and infrared temperature sensors.
- Motion sensors include ultrasonic, microwave, IR, tomographic, and dual technology sensors.
- Speed sensors include active, active hall effect, active magneto resistive and passive sensors.
- LiDARs include Micro-ElectroMechanical System (MEMS), Non-MEMS, solid-state (optical phased array) and flash LiDAR.
- North America: The United States and Canada
- Europe: Mainly Germany, France, the United Kingdom, and Italy
- Asia-Pacific (APAC): Countries on the Western border of the Pacific Ocean, including those on the Indo-Chinese peninsula and the Pacific Islands, as well as Central Asia
- Rest of World: Latin America, Africa and the Middle East
- Safety & Control
- Body Electronics
KEY ISSUES ADDRESSED
- What are the recent developments, product launches and alliances in the automotive sensors market?
- What is the level of competition in the automotive sensors market?
- What sensor type is expected to lead the market in terms of value?
- How is the market forecast to grow into the year 2024?
- What are the opportunities in the market and the high-growth segments of the automotive sensors market?
- What are the strategies and focus areas by major market players?