This study reviews soft magnetic materials technology categories, along with relevant market and production information, technological descriptions and issues, and key applications and market factors in major worldwide markets. This report organizes the technologies into the following segments -
- Powdered iron cores.
- Soft ferrites.
- Soft iron.
- Iron-phosphorous alloys.
- Iron-silicon alloys/electrical steel.
- Iron-nickel alloys.
- Iron-cobalt alloys.
- Amorphous nanocrystalline alloys.
The following soft magnet applications are also considered in the study, with market breakdowns for each by region and select countries -
- Industrial transformers.
- High-frequency power conversion for industry.
- Solenoids and actuators.
- Industrial and automotive electric motors.
- Consumer product electric motors.
- Consumer electronics.
- Medical applications.
- 79 tables
- A descriptive study and analysis of the global markets for soft magnetic materials
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Quantification of the market potential for soft magnetic materials by material type, application, end use industry, and geographical region
- Emphasis on the industry driven underlying markets, government regulations, technology updates along with recent advancements within the segment
- Exclusive chapter on market and industry drivers and structure encompassing supply chain analysis, industry organizations and support systems, market drivers & impediments, and regional considerations for the industry
- Patent analysis covering patent overview, patent trends, and R&D and market development
- Company profiles of manufacturers, suppliers, and supply chain participants of soft magnetic materials. Major players included Denso Corp., Hitachi Metals Ltd., Sumitomo Electric Industries, Sigma-Aldrich and Sanyo Special Steel Co., Ltd.