This study on the global routers, switchers, and master controls market covers software and hardware point solutions as well as comprehensive large-scale value-based applications that support the video production and broadcasting needs of consumers. Consumers in the market range from broadcasters, outside broadcast (OB) trucks, multiple service operators (MSOs), educational institutions, corporations, houses of worship, government, and arenas. The market is driven by product upgrades, which in turn is driven by the growing adoption of IP-based solutions, increase in demand for 4K content driven by customer demand for high-quality live event coverage particularly sports; demand from non-broadcasting segments such as education and houses of worship, especially in North America; and consolidation and acquisitions from leading market vendors.
This research service covers the following:
- Detailed global market trend analyses—including market drivers, market restraints, regional trends, regional analysis, and competitive analysis
- Detailed revenue forecasts for the total video switchers market
- A competitive landscape, in terms of major participants and market share analysis
- A competitive analysis, concerning major participants and market share analysis for Grass Valley, Evertz and Sony
The base year of the study is 2018, with forecasts running up to 2024. The research highlights key trends impacting the global routers, switchers, and master controls market and outlines future implications. These trends include IP-ification, increase in adoption of 4K, and growing popularity of eSports and gaming in Asia-Pacific.
Geographical Segmentation: The global market has been segmented into North America and Latin America (NALA); Asia-Pacific (APAC); and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
Key Issues Addressed
- Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What factors will drive the market growth? What are the challenges that will hold the market back?
- Are the existing competitors correctly structured to meet customer needs? How will this market evolve in future?
- What are the growth opportunities in the market? What are the strategic imperatives for vendor survival in the market?
- What technical trends are shaping the marketplace today? What disruptions are on the horizon?
- What segments and regions are most rapidly adopting routers, switchers, and master controls? How will this landscape evolve in future?
Readers who will benefit from this research include routers, switchers, and master controls vendors, broadcasters, smart TV vendors, device vendors, and any company looking to venture into the market.
Overall revenue declined by 0.1% year-on-year in 2018 and is expected to experience growth from 2019 to 2024. The market is likely to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% and revenue is expected to reach $794.1 million in 2024. This market is currently declining and is expected to see a spike in 2019, with increasing demand for 4K globally and adoption of IP-based routers, switchers, and master controls. With an increase in IP-based product use cases, customers have grown more familiar with the ease of use, cost-effectiveness, and flexibility these solutions provide. This is driving the uptake of IP-based solutions in the market.
Global demand over the forecast period is expected to be driven by markets in APAC, particularly in China, Japan, South Korea, and Australia.