India cold chain logistics market is anticipated to register growth of more than 16% during 2019 - 2024, owing to growing processed food and healthcare industry. Cold chain logistics is a process which includes temperature-controlled storage and transportation of temperature-sensitive goods like food, pharmaceuticals, etc., in a supply chain. Increasing cross-border trade and growing organized retail industry is driving the Indian cold chain logistics market. Though the cold chain logistics market in India is witnessing healthy growth, high operative cost and lack of standardization in the industry are likely to hinder the market growth during the forecast period.
In terms of type, India cold chain logistics market has been categorized into temperature-controlled storage and temperature-controlled transportation. Of these categories, temperature-controlled storage segment is accounted for the majority market share, backed by growing government support for cold storage infrastructure and increasing demand for processed food.
Cold chain logistics market in India is highly unorganized as around 70%-80% market is characterized by unorganized players. However, it is slowly moving towards organized business structure due to growing health awareness and technological advancements. Some of the leading players in India cold chain logistics market are Gati Kausar, Snowman Logistics, Kool-ex, DHL, Cold Star Logistics, M J Logistics, Gubba Cold Storage, Kuehne + Nagel among others.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2014-2017
Base Year: 2018
Estimated Year: 2019
Forecast Period: 2020-2024
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast India cold chain logistics market size.
- To forecast India cold chain logistics market based on type, product type, sector and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India cold chain logistics market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, technology integration, new service launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in India cold chain logistics market.
- To conduct the pricing analysis for India cold chain logistics market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in India cold chain logistics market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of cold chain logistics players operating across the country. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the service providers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the product offerings, distribution channels and presence of all major manufacturers across the nation.
TechSci Research calculated India cold chain logistics market size using a top down approach, where data for various applications across various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Temperature-controlled storage service providers
- Temperature-controlled transportation service providers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to cold chain logistics
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders. The study would also help them in identifying which market segments should be targeted over the coming years in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth of the market.
In this report, India cold chain logistics market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, by Type
o Temperature-controlled storage
o Temperature-controlled transportation
- Market, by Product Type
o Fruits & Vegetables
o Meat, Fish & Sea food
- Market, by Sector
- Market, by Region
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies operating in India cold chain logistics market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Profit Margin Analysis
- Profit margin analysis in case of direct and indirect sales channel.