With advancements in technologies, OWC is capable of enabling broadband Internet performance similar to that of fiber-optic transmission. Tier-1 original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and government bodies are actively funding R&D activities in the OWC space to commercialize solutions on a larger scale. Frost & Sullivan’s research estimates exponential growth on demand for VLC and FSO solutions in the near term.
This technology and innovation report discusses R&D portfolio areas, various drivers and challenges for OWC technologies – VLC and FSO, and R&D strategies.
The report also discusses the various R&D initiatives of stakeholders and growth opportunities:
- What is the significance of VLC and FSO technologies?
- What are the key R&D portfolio areas?
- Why are VLC and FSO poised to have a high impact on the retail industry?
- How would VLC and FSO complement existing communication technologies?
- What are the key innovations in the OWC domain?
- What types of industries are likely to be impacted by OWC technologies?
- What sort of strategies do stakeholders need to embrace to strengthen technologies?
- What is the roadmap to mass-commercialize OWC in the long term?