Sensors that are conducive to IoT need to have low power, low cost for economical widespread deployment, compactness and unobtrusiveness, self-diagnostics, self-identification, self-validation, self-calibration, minimal maintenance requirements, data processing to reduce the burden on gateways, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), cloud resources.
This research service, “Sensor Innovations Driving IoT,” highlights the key enabling technologies allowing sensors to impact IoT. It also offers insights on individual technologies, key innovations and applications, and industry initiatives and business development activities. The research service is focused on technologies opening up and proliferating opportunities for IoT by enabling more cost-effective sensors that are able to provide more meaningful data in a network.
Key questions addressed in the research service include the following:
- What are the key sensor technologies and developments impacting IoT?
- What are the key applications for IoT sensors?
- What are the factors driving adoption and expansion of sensors in IoT?
- What are the Industry initiatives and activities enabling increased adoption and proliferation of sensors in IoT?
- What are key growth opportunities for sensors in IoT?