Smoking Tobacco in France, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the French tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
The French market is dominated by industrially produced cigarettes, which represented 80.8% of the total tobacco products market in 2018. Cigarette volumes have fallen over the past decade with smoking tobacco the main beneficiary.
Smoking tobacco is now the second-largest sector and one that has grown its share of sales between 2008 and 2018 from 12.4% to 16.2%. Sales are 2.8% ahead of those in 2008, although an 8.7% fall was recorded in 2018.
- Fine-cut tobacco dominates the market, although it has recently come under pressure from pipe tobacco used for rolling.
- Taxation on fine-cut tobacco (FCT) in France is applied through an ad valorem excise duty rate together with a general value added tax (TVA or VAT), which is reclaimable except at the final point-of-sale.
- Imports in France have fluctuated during the past decade. They were recorded as 107.1 tons in 2018 with Germany (31.8%) and Poland (29.3%) the main suppliers.
- According to the 2010 Barom?tre Sant? inquiry, the proportion of adults smoking in France reached a low point in 2002, but has since been increasing again.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.