Smokeless Tobacco in Denmark, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Danish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
The overall tobacco products market contracted by 33.4% between 2008 and 2018, from 8,887 tons to 5,922 tons. This has largely been due to a decline in smoking prevalence with no evidence that this recent decline will be reversed.
Smoking tobacco forms the second largest sector of the Danish tobacco products market after manufactured cigarettes. These accounted for 93.1% of overall consumption of tobacco products in 2018, up from 87.7% in 2008.
- The Danish market for smokeless tobacco products has, until recently, been one of the largest in Europe. Prior to the end of 2015, the sector was dominated by loose snus.
- Smokeless tobacco is taxed at a similar rate to pipe tobacco in Denmark.
- In chewing tobacco, House of Oliver Twist leads, although STG and MacBaren are also present. P?schl is the main supplier of snuff.
- The ban on loose snus has effectively led to the closing off of what was the largest segment of the market. Snus/snuff sales collapsed from 62 tons in 2015 to only three tons in 2016 with evidence that the market will either stay at this level or more likely see further decline in sales.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.