The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Smokeless Tobacco in Canada, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Canadian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Smokeless tobacco is a niche sector of the Canadian market which has, at best, been stable. Despite increasingly stringent restrictions on smoking, any large-scale move to snuff, snus, or chewing tobacco has failed to materialise.
Presently, the sector accounts for only 1% of total tobacco sales in the Canadian market, with 2018 sales at 280 tons.
- Per capita consumption of smokeless tobacco fell to 7.8g in 2018, down from 8.3g in 2008
- The US accounts for the majority of smokeless imports. Re-exports are worth considerably less.
- While smokeless tobacco has seen a decline in tonnage sales during the last decade, it has performed somewhat better than the cigarette and smoking tobacco markets.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.