An electric axle is an integrated system that combines electric motors, power electronics components, and transmission units. It serves as a power source for internal combustion engine type vehicles, and are compatible with hybrid and electric cars. The system is fully integrated into either the front or the rear axle, delivering power to turn the wheels and for other engine-related functions.
Moreover, E-axle is a fully contained unit, which is equipped with components, such as bearings, shafts, pinions, and differential gearing.
The coaxial connection of the electric axle is installed on the rear axle, whereas the front wheels rely on an internal combustion engine or an electric motor to turn those wheels. Furthermore, when both the drives are working together, then electric axles assisted by a hybrid battery pack using enormous amount of power that further reduces emissions and improves fuel efficiency.
The global E-axle market is segmented based on drive type, vehicle type, component, and region. On the basis of drive type, the market is divided into rear wheel drive, front wheel drive, and all-wheel drive type. Depending on vehicle type, it is categorized into passenger, commercial, and electric vehicles. By component, the E-axle market is fragmented into combining motors, power electronics, transmission, and others. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players analyzed in the E-axle market include Robert Bosch GmbH, Nidec Corporation, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, GKN Plc, Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG, Continental AG, Borgwarner Inc., AVL List GmbH, Axletech International, and Dana Limited.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the E-axle market along with the current trends and future estimations to depict the imminent investment pockets.
- The overall market potential is determined to understand the profitable trends to enable stakeholders gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with detailed impact analysis.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2018 to 2025 to highlight the financial competency of the market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
By Drive Type
- ·Forward Wheel Drive (FWD)
- ·Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
- ·All-wheel Drive (AWD)
- ·Combining Motors
- ·Power Electronics
- ·Others (Axle Body, Gear Actuators, Torque Vectoring Unit, and Differential)
- ·Passenger Vehicle
- ·Commercial Vehicle
- ·Electric Vehicle
- ·North America
Rest of Europe
Rest of Asia-Pacific