Over the last decade, significant revolutions have been witnessed in the display industry. From the introduction of cathode ray tubes to several up-gradations in the display technology, the display industry is always on the lookout for better options. Thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT LCDs) and organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) are currently among the most widely used technologies for the display industry, owing to their enhanced display quality and the consumer preference for them. Various companies, such as Samsung and Apple, have already implemented the OLED display technology in their smartphone series and TVs. Further advancements in the OLED and TFT LCD technologies have led the manufacturers to implement quantum dots light emitting diode (QLED) technology in the display devices. Since the cadmium used in the quantum dots is toxic in nature and has been restricted for use by the European government, therefore manufacturers are at present focusing on cadmium-free quantum dots to obtain the desired image quality in the display devices.
The global next-generation display materials market is estimated to witness growth at a CAGR of 11.83% over the period of 2019 to 2029. This growth in the market is attributed to the increasing demand from various end-use applications such as televisions, smartwatches, smartphones, wearables, laptops, automotive displays, and others.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
The report is a compilation of different segments of the global next-generation display materials market, including market breakdown by material type, sub-type, application, geographical areas. Herein, the revenues generated from the material types (OLED display materials, TFT LCD materials, QLED materials, micro-LED displays, and mini-LEDs), application (automotive displays, TVs and monitors, laptops and tablets, smartwatches, smartphones, and others), and regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World) are tracked to calculate the overall market size in terms of value ($Billion). While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed summary of the global next-generation display materials market. It also includes the key participants involved in the industry at the relevant sections.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What is the global next-generation display materials market size in terms of value from 2017-2029 along with the year-on-year growth rates and the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2019 to 2029?
- What are the different types of next-generation display materials and their growth pattern in terms of value in different regions and countries?
- What are the major applications for next-generation display materials globally in terms of revenue generation?
- Which are the major regions and countries that provide growth opportunities for the next-generation display materials market?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the next-generation display materials market based on their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
- What is the consumption pattern of the next-generation display materials in their applications across different regions and countries?
- Who are the key players (along with their detailed analysis and profiles including their financials, company snapshots, key products and services, and SWOT analysis) in the market?
The most commonly used strategy for developing a better hold on the market has been partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures, during the period from January 2016 to April 2019. Moreover, the company profile section highlights significant information about the key companies involved along with their financial positions, key strategies, and developmental activities of recent years.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest-of-the-World. Each geography details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that region. This report is a meticulous compilation of research on more than 100 players in the global next-generation display materials market and draws upon insights from in-depth interviews with the key opinion leaders of more than 50 leading companies, market participants, and vendors. The report also profiles approximately 17 supplier profiles with their financial analysis, SWOT, and product portfolio.
The companies profiled in the report are Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd., Toray Industries, Inc., Samsung SDI Co., Universal Display Corporation, Novaled, Nanosys, Nanoco Group PLC, Doosan Corporation, Quantum Materials Corporation, PPG Industries, Inc., DowDuPont Inc., Sharp Corporation, JBD Inc., eLux, Inc., Plessey Semiconductors, and Optovate Limited.