The report’s scope covers sequencing technologies, industries, applications, patents, initiatives and companies. The markets for sequencing services and products are given for the years 2020, 2021 and 2026.
This report reviews the leading sequencing technologies and describes why genetic variation is essential in clinical testing. It then discusses some of the important research initiatives that impact sequencing applications. The main market driving forces for sequencing services and products are listed and discussed.?
The report segments the sequencing markets by delivered format, including sequencing workflow products (sample preparation kits and reagents, informatics, and sequencing instruments and consumables) and sequencing services. The sample preparation reagents and kits market is fragmented by type, that is, DNA isolation and extraction; library preparation; and target enrichment. The sequencing instruments and consumables market are given by platform (NGS, Sanger and 3GS) and by product type (consumables, instruments).
The sequencing services market is segmented by end user applications (clinical, applied, research and development). Within sequencing services, the applied market is further analyzed by end user applications (biopharma, consumer, agriculture, microbiology, synthetic biology, population-scale genomics and others).
Also, within sequencing services, the clinical market is studied by disease category (clinical microbiology and infectious diseases, cardiovascular, mendelian disorders, metabolic/immune disorders, oncology, neurology, reproductive health and transplant medicine).
Industry sectors analyzed include long-read sequencing; sequencing instruments; target enrichment; informatics; blockchain; gene editing; liquid biopsy; reproductive health diagnostics; agriculture; consumer genomics; and DNA data storage.
By geography, the market has been fragmented into Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and the Rest of the World (RoW). For market estimates, data is provided for 2020 as the base year and for 2021, and it is forecast through year-end 2026. Estimated values used are based on product manufacturers’ and service providers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars that have not been adjusted for inflation.
- 85 tables
- An updated review of the global market for DNA sequencing technologies and their applications in research, applied and clinical segments
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2020, estimates for 2021, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Estimation of the market size and market forecast for DNA sequencing industry, and corresponding market share analysis by delivered format, product type, end use segment, application, disease category, and geography
- Highlights of key market dynamics (DROs) for DNA sequencing, regulatory scenario, and impact of COVID-19 on the progress of this market
- Discussion of market opportunities for DNA sequencing, industry structure, applications and business considerations of sequencing technologies, along with ongoing dramatic changes in the structure of MedTech industry
- Review of the leading next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies, emerging applications, and penetration of DNA sequencing-based diagnostics and research initiatives affecting the marketplace
- Patent analysis for novel sequencing technologies, latest developments, clinical trials, and potential markets for future developments
- Insight into the sequencing industry activities including major acquisitions and strategic alliances, competitive benchmarking of key sequencing industry participants and their growth strategies
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and their detailed company profiles including Agilent Technologies, Becton, Dickinson and Co., Bio-Rad, Danaher Corp., Illumina Inc., Merck KGaA, Roche, and Thermo Fisher