The market for fermented food and ingredient has entered its main commericialization phase due to the growing consumers perception of it being a healthy food alternative Fermentation is an anaerobic process which involves the application of bacteria feeding on the starch present in food to produce lactic acid. This process helps in preserving and increasing the shelf life of the food products.
Digestive wellness and the increasing demand for lactose and gluten free products are the factors supporting the growth of fermentation foods and ingredients across the globe. Small categories of companies offering more variety of fermented food are also achieving more growth than dairy-based probiotic products. Since fermentation is a natural process, it usually meets the consumers demand of clean labelling and avoiding synthetic additive and preservatives.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
The fermented food and ingredient market research study offers a wide perspective on where the industry is heading toward. The research is based on extensive primary interviews (in-house experts, industry leaders, and market players) and secondary research (a host of paid and unpaid databases), along with the analytical tools that have been used to build the forecast and the predictive models.
The report answers the following questions about the fermented food and ingredient market:
- What is the fermented food and ingredient market size in terms of revenue during the period 2017-2023, and what is the expected growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What is the revenue generated from the different food type such as fermented dairy products, fermented beverages, fermented confectionary and bakery products, fermented vegetable, and others?
- What is the revenue generated from the different ingredient type such as amino acid, industrial enzyme, organic acid, and others?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market pertaining to the global fermented food and ingredient industry?
- What are the key distribution channel covered in the fermented food and ingredient market?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry on the basis of the analysis of futuristic scenario of the global fermented food and ingredient industry?
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand for fermented foods and ingredients during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global fermented food and ingredient market?
- What kind of new strategies are adopted by the existing market players to expand their market position in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the global fermented food and ingredient market on the baiss of their financial stability, product offerings, and regional presence?
The report further includes a thorouh analysis of the impact of the Porter’s five major forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. The report also focuses on the key developments and investments made in the global fermented food and ingredient market by the players, research organizations, and government bodies.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the regional split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World. Each region details the individual push-and-pull forces in addition to the key players from that region. Some of the prominent players in the fermented food and ingredient market are Danone, Cargill Inc., Royal DSM, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Flower Group, and Archer Daniels Midland Company.