They are predominantly incorporated into membrane filtration processes with non-woven fabrics widely adopted to increase the efficiency of the filtration processes. Membranes incorporated with the fabrics are more effective due to its complex 3D structure. While a wide range of materials/fibers are used for developing the fabrics, synthetic polymer-based fibers made using materials like polyethylene, polyamide, polypropylene are dominant.
This research service titled “Technical Fabrics in Filtration- Opportunity Assessment“ discusses the recent developments in technical fabrics focused on filtration technologies. It also assess the role of technical fabrics in each filtration technology and the emerging opportunities for the same in filtration industry. The research also provides a deep dive analysis of potential use of technical fabrics in key filtration technologies.
In brief, the research study captures the following:
- Overview of various filtration technologies and the role of technical fabrics in the same.
- Assessment of key innovations, research focus areas and technology developments.
- Key factors that influence the adoption of technical fabrics in filtration technologies.
- Noteworthy developments related to technical fabrics for various filtration technologies.
- Mapping of use of technical fabrics to filtration to end-use industries.
- Emerging opportunities for technology developers of technical fabrics in filtration