The report focuses on the global market for nanoscale materials (e.g., nanopowders, nanocomposites, nanoscale thin films and others) and devices (e.g., nanosensors) used in renewable and non-renewable energy production (e.g., petroleum refining, solar energy) and energy storage (e.g. batteries and fuel cells). In the other types of applications (e.g. energy transmission, energy conversion, energy end uses), nanotechnology consumption is negligible.
The report concentrates on nanotechnology applications that are currently in commercial use or are likely to be commercialized by 2023. Other applications that, while promising, are not likely to make it out of the laboratory by 2023, are not covered in depth.
The report does not cover nanoscale materials and devices used to monitor and/or control the environmental impacts of energy production, or use such as nanomaterials used in automotive catalytic converters. These technologies are outside the scope of this study and are covered in detail in several other BCC Research reports such as the report “NAN039C Nanotechnology in Environmental Applications.”
The report format includes the following major elements -
- Executive summary.
- Description of nanomaterials and nanodevices used in energy applications, including properties and fabrication methods.
- Overall market size, segmentation and growth trends.
- Major energy applications of nanoscale materials and devices.
- Types of nanomaterials/nanodevices used.
- Principal developers/manufacturers.
- Journal publications.
- Consumption of nanomaterials and nanodevices, 2018-2023.
Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
- 65 data tables and 15 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for nanoscale materials (nanopowders, nanocomposites, nanoscale thin films, and others) and devices (nanosensors)
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion of nanotechnology applications that are currently in commercial use or are likely to be commercialized in the next five years
- An in-depth technology review and a detailed patent analysis
- Profiles of major companies of the industry, including Altair Nanotechnologies Inc., Dow Chemical Co., Honeywell UOP, Johnson Matthey, Plc and Mach 1 Inc.