Scope of Report:
Topics analyzed within the report include a detailed breakdown and analysis of the global markets for alternative solar PV technologies by geography, technology and application. Additionally, included are a review of the different technologies currently in commercial use; a review of early-stage technologies that are beginning to see transfer from research to commercialization; a sketch of the industry’s current structure, including competitive and regulatory analysis within this context; and major factors impelling and impeding global growth. The scope of the report extends to sizing of the alternative solar photovoltaic technologies market and an analysis of global market trends with market data for 2017 being considered as the base year, 2018 as the estimate year and forecast for 2023 with projection of CAGR from 2018 to 2023. Market data is provided in terms of megawatts installed annually and U.S. dollar value at global and regional levels, as well as select countries for alternative solar photovoltaic technologies.
The report focuses on assessment of alternative solar photovoltaic technologies and a detailed analysis of original equipment manufacturers and the related system providers. Market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges are also discussed in the report. The study forecasts the market value of the alternative solar photovoltaic technologies market for key technologies like CIS/CIGS, CdTe, a-Si, DSSC and OPV, among others. A deep dive analysis of CIGS technology is done by estimating the market trends for the application and production method segment. The report forecasts the market value of the CIGS alternative solar photovoltaic technologies market for major applications like grid tied applications, off grid applications, portable electronics and consumer products; and other applications like transportation, aerospace, remote sensing and military. The report also forecasts the market value of the CIGS alternative solar photovoltaic technologies market by production methods that include major manufacturing methods like sputtering, co-evaporation and other methods like electrochemical deposition and printing, among others.
While this report contains a significant amount of technical information due to the inherent nature of the subject and thus provides information valuable to engineers and scientists, it is primarily aimed at business professionals in fields related to alternative solar technologies. These may include manufacturers and their suppliers, financiers and investors, researchers with backgrounds in engineering and sciences, marketing and sales professionals, renewable energy advocates, and others.
This report may also prove valuable to professional analysts, investors, public policy advisors and others who are seeking a better understanding and definition of how alternative solar technologies fit into the broader global solar PV market, the global renewable energies market, the global electric energy market and the global energy market.
Not included in this report, except when inclusion of such information provides context for better understanding of the core topics being discussed, are -
- Monocrystalline silicon photovoltaics.
- Polycrystalline silicon photovoltaics.
- Solar thermal technologies.
- Concentrating solar power (as differentiated from concentrating photovoltaics).
- Other renewable energy generation technologies such as wind or geothermal.
- 79 data tables and 40 additional tables
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, Canada, Mexico, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Thailand, Australia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K., Denmark, and the Netherlands
- Coverage of history, components and applications of solar PV systems
- Discussion of drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges of the industry
- Details of advancements in alternative photovoltaic technology
- Insights of competitive and regulatory analysis and major factors impelling and impeding global growth
- Complete understanding of the key technologies like Cadmium Telluride (Cdte), Copper Indium Gallium (Di)selenide (CIS/CIGS) and Amorphous Silicon (A-si)
- Company profiles of the major players of the industry, including Ascent Solar Technologies Inc., First Solar Inc., Manz Ag, Showa Shell Sekiyu K.K. (Solar Frontier K.K.) and Hanergy